By busmonster - 12/09/2015 00:32 - United States - Alexandria

Today, I told my nephew to be careful when crossing the street in front of a bus because it might eat him. We then watched as a bus slowed down and stopped in front of a group of people. When the bus moved away, all the people were gone. My nephew is terrified, and won't stop crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 145
You deserved it 22 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

randomguy76 14

YDI... There is no need to fool children into doing the things you want them to do. Tell them the truth and have them face reality. They will thank you for it in the future.

Comments

You can't help how his mind hears what you said. It'll make for a funny story when he's older.

Glad someone has some common sense in the comment section. They all keep saying "bad parenting" but if the kid is young enough to believe he will be eaten by a bus, then he's not young enough to understand that he will be seriously hurt if he goes in front of a moving bus

BeenIt 5

^^^So why not just tell the truth then? I mean, grow the **** up OP. Why tell lies?

I still have a totally illogical phobia around pool filter boxes & the drains on the bottom now, in my 30s, & the only thing we can put it down to is Mum's friend telling me to stay away because crocodiles lived in them, when I was about 3 or 4. Shit like this scars...

why not tell schools and teachers are monsters watch as the students file one by one and enter the building then they disappear forever

BlueXephos 10

God job, now he'll never be able to watch Magic School Bus!

More like an FML for the kid's parents if they send him to school using a school bus. You're not the one who'll be waking him up and having to convince the kid the bus won't eat him..

Britt125 16

"They got on the bus from the side so they can ride it. You can't walk in front of the bus because that's where it's mouth is. They were safe because they weren't in front of it." There you go. Or you know you can just tell him that he can't walk in front of any moving vehicles because they can hit him and he can get hurt. He should probably know to be careful crossing the street and around vehicles period. And children aren't stupid, they're just young and inexperienced in life, just teach them properly and they'll learn. No need to terrify them with weird lies.

I would make you pay for therapy for the kid

Why do adults feel the need to make up stupid lies for children?? Just tell him it's dangerous and he could get hurt.

Badkarma4u 17

They drive at night, mostly........mostly

Good luck to the parents on trying to get him to ride the school bus

Now if only the bus can eat your words, we'll be just fine and dandy again.