By wtfmom - 07/10/2014 21:10 - United States - Clanton

Today, I told my mom that I got into National Honor Society and Beta Club. Most parents are proud but not her. She told me to get a job and that she was tired of my school shit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 397
You deserved it 2 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Feel sorry for you OP. Congratulations though ;) Good luck

She's just a jealous egoistic stupid person. I'm truly sorry for you.

Comments

Guys, national honor society is in high school. Pretty sure the beta club is referring to a math or physics club. it sound like OP is still in high school, not getting their degree. In which case, their mother is making no sense

Hayllee 4

Beta Club is a volunteer club thing. I was in it for a bit during high school. You have to maintain a GPA high than a... 3? I think? I can't remember. And volunteer for 60 hours. 20 school, 20 community, 20 global. You're right, it's still something to be proud of. :)

mangoboy1 19

ive a similar issue. when one of us gets a 99 or a similar grade my mom says "Why not 100?" and when I won a whole bunch of awards for best student in a bunch of my classes my dad just told me to make sure I get them again next year

She is jealous and green with envy. What a nasty mother. Congratulations to you though. What a wonderful achievement.

Doesn't the NHS provide job opportunities? That may change her mind about it.

@OP (teacher replying) Be proud of yourself, nothing hard was achieved easily. Only you can be your own driven force, continue your success, shoot for college/university and I promise you upon earning a higher education degree the "job" your mother ignorantly is forcing you to drop out and get will be a penny in money earned in contrast to what you'll be making!

Sounds like you have a narcissist for a parent. Any success you have that is greater than what they achieved they will see as you one-upping them. Have fun with that.

What job does you're mom have? I'm guessing it's a menial soul sucking low paying job

Congratulations! just continue your good work if possible get a scholarship and move far away from her. What a horrible parent! She is probably afraid she will need to deal with school loans and cannot afford it. If somehow you cannot get a scholarship in USA look in Europe or Australia, in certain countries college is free or very affordable. Anyway you are on the good path and trust me so many people would love to have such a kid! Good luck! You will be paid 10x more at least than any job you would have now.

I'm sorry about that. Don't listen to your mom, be proud of your achievements. That "stupid school shit" will pay off big time later on. Keep doing a great job, you should be proud of yourself!

wsdarrah 14

Oh, poor OP. :( I'm sorry. I'm also in the NHS, and my mom didn't come to my induction because we had a tiff the morning of. That sucks. Congratulations on your achievements regardless of what she thinks!