By Anonymous - 12/03/2013 18:40 - Canada - London

Today, I told my mom about the rough time I'm having over my recent break-up, and how I can't help thinking about my ex every single day. Her attempt to console me involved saying, "Pft. I bet he doesn't think about you every day" and walking away. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 450
You deserved it 6 249

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well at least now you're thinking of how much of a bitch she is instead of being depressed about your ex boyfriend

Perhaps what she was trying to say was that you shouldn't be wasting your time thinking about someone who doesn't want to be with you because you deserve better than that. Or maybe your mom is just a bitch.

Comments

Write your name on his car/bicycle or house, that way he has to think of you everyday. And then **** punch your mom for being a little too insensitive, my mom would've at least thrown in a hug.

I have a pussy that looks just like yours called Chili. :)

Harsh! But that's her blunt way of saying, "Baby girl, toughen up! He ain't worth your tears!"

Or possibly it's her blunt way of saying "I wonder what's on tv."

astralvagan 20

Plot on how to get back at her for the rude comment and you might not think about him as much

lucyy123 14

I'm sorry OP though I am in the same boat.. :( it will get better just try to keep yourself busy!

“its always darkest before the da-aren't you over this yet??"

AllThingsBright_ 11

It will get easier with time OP. it took me two years to get over my ex, and even when I found someone else I still thought about her. Just be patient. I know it's hard. /:

Good that you got over your ex even after such a long time. It's horrible to see someone date someone new if they're not over their last. It is horribly unfair to the person who has no idea they're sharing emotional space with an ex.

So a person has to be completely immune to thoughts of their ex before they begin a new relationship, even if they really care about their new partner? Sometimes a new relationship is what a person needs to get over the old one. I don't see anything wrong with that, since the worst part of a breakup is the resulting lonliness. New person to love = no more lonely.

"YES". . .but is an "Owner of a lonely heart Much better than - an Owner of a broken heart"?:P

That must be her way of saying get a life, it beats having insincerity or does it? Well either way just be all that you can be, think about that for a second.

i know how you feel tonight will be the 7th night since the love of my life left me and im thinking of her all the time

Same, but it's been six days since he left me... can't eat, can't sleep.. he's killing me.

I hate to say it, but it's probably true. I know we all wish that the ones who don't want us think about us all the time, but they don't. If they did, they'd be with us. Sad but harsh reality. Try to stay busy and every time you think of him, think about something else that is positive. Don't rush to date. You'll be okay, I know you're hurt but don't shed any more tears. :)

I think mom was telling the truth, and it'll pass over time.