By biwhat - 08/03/2014 09:23 - Australia - Bassendean

Today, I told my boyfriend that I'm bisexual. He dumped me because apparently now there is "too much competition". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 870
You deserved it 14 023

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's an insensitive jerk. Sorry to hear about this, OP. He should have been more open-minded and realized what's attractive to you. Just because you like both genders doesn't mean you'll do anything like cheat.

mif_fml 27

Just because you're bisexual doesn't mean you're automatically ok with threesomes... -_-

Comments

Fyl for the too much competition comment from your ex, but are you sure there's not a deeper reason? I won't date someone that's bi, not that i think there's anything wrong with any sexual preference, but because in the past i did, and i was always second best. But again that would depend if you planned on dating two people which as long as everyone is comfortable with it there's no issue. But from the sound of it your ex wasn't ok with even the idea of the possibility of you dating two different people from different genders. But look at it this way you do know he's not a complete scum that immediately thinks 'threesome time'

b3ritt30 7

That's messed up. There's nothing wrong with being bisexual.

Merylwen 24

No but he's still allowed to be uncomfortable with it. If he doesn't want to date a bisexual woman he doesn't have to.

cranberries_fml 17

Right because 3.5 billion other people isn't competition. But 7 billion? That's just unfair

I'm sorry op but I would have probably been like "jackpot"

If you see the relationship is going.serious, then you shouldn't've kept that from him. However, the relationship was on the right path and he decided to be like that then he is just a jerk.

Gotta love how if you're not dealing with bisexual erasure, you're facing the vicious stereotypes that people have about bisexuals (we're all cheating monsters who love threesomes and orgies, etc). Your boyfriend is just another fool who's using a bullshit excuse to dump you so he doesn't have to face his own petty insecurities. This is exactly the kind of reason WHY some bisexuals don't come out to their partners at the outset--afraid to suddenly flip a switch and be treated like cheating scum when they've done nothing wrong or a sex doll who wants to add multiples into the relationship. Or maybe OP didn't know she was bisexual. Either way, **** that twat, OP. My current bf and I bonded while I wingmanned for him with the super girly lesbian roommate of some chick he liked at the time and we've been together for years now. I know you don't want to hear it at the moment, but you'll meet someone who's not full of stupid insecurities and who can appreciate you regardless of both of your sexualities/gender identities.

I agree with this assuming he's uncomfortable with her being bi and not the "too much competition" part because that's a little immature. I personally wish everyone could accept everyone and their sexual preferences but he has the right to break up with her if it goes against his beliefs or makes him uncomfortable.

angelk19 22

be honest ladies, would you really date someone who also likes to take it up the bum? double standards.

What a twisted bunch of bullshit. A peeder and a ****** is made for love, affection, and reproduction. OP if your mom was muff diving years ago instead of getting laid you wouldn't even be here today.

He should have looked on the bright side. Having a bisexual girlfriend would've given him one more thing to have in common with you.