By Disappointed Teacher - 10/12/2013 21:32 - Canada - Surrey

Today, I taught a college course with a group of 30 adults. I was educating them on leadership and gave a 25 minute lecture, with examples like Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, and how they changed the world. Then I opened the forum to see who inspired them. The response? Donald Trump. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 914
You deserved it 4 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess his hair could inspire 60 year old men to brush their 3 remaining hairs over their bald head instead of just giving up and wearing a hat or toupee...

well, now we can stop saying 'gosh today's generation' because idiots have existed for a long long time

Comments

Trumps not only wealthy, he's the leader on a massive company, nothing wrong with being inspired by him as opposed to someone who had a dream and wouldn't get up from a seat.

"Someone who had a dream and wouldn't get up from a seat", also known as standing up for black rights in the face of aggressive racial oppression from the entire US government.

I don't think that was an attack on Martin Luther King or anyone else. I think he was just making a point that most people don't accomplish as much as Donald Trump, and that his success and determination in accomplishing his goals is admirable.

Oh please. Trump is not the real leader, the board of advisers is. He was just lucky enough to be born in (lots of) money. He is a media ***** with a pea sized brain. His dad funded the company and made the family wealthy, not him.

What's wrong with "The Donald" being that person's inspiration?

It may be vain of them to be inspired by him, but it makes sense that they want to be successful.I just hope they can turn out to be better individuals morally. Money, business, and success don't have to change who you are as a person.

They don't have to change who you are, but they usually do.

No, they in fact never do. They just show you for who you really are. In most cases, you are actually a douchebag.

olpally 32

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

it takes leadership to build several business across several industries. why do people put down those who are successful?

There is nothing wrong with his success. I believe people find the issue to be how he is as a person. While i do not know him personally (shocker right), he does seem to be a sort of narcissistic individual. Though I do admire his business savvy, just not him as a person.

Good god it's like people here don't know anything about Donald Trump. This isn't about hating money. It's about passing over ACTUAL successful people. Why not admire Jeff Bezos, Jack Welch, Marissa Mayer, Bill Gates, Bob Iger, or Warren Buffett? There are SO many better business people than Trump. It's blowing my mind that people are defending these students. It's like saying you're a basketball fan and then claiming to not know who Michael Jordan is. Like, how much have they actually read about business to come up with him as an idol?

DavidKnows 11

Exactly! Trump INHERITED his initial seed money, he did NOT earn it himself. He uses the bankruptcy loophole to cover his mistakes, regularly postpones interest payments on his bonds, and cheats at every opportunity. He is, like the Kardashians, what is wrong w America. Admiration of these morally corrupt "stars" who have nothing to contribute to society, except their own unearned, greedy personal gain, shows how naive you all are.

ZY1431 24

its sad that people arw becoming more media stupid

What about North West? She can be inspirational. At least, I'll have direction in my life.

Zimmington 21