By justwantsomeillusionofjustice - 14/08/2017 07:00 - United States - Klamath Falls

Today, I stumbled across my school bully on Facebook. She's a successful business owner and engaged to be married. I can't land a job and am hopelessly single. The b***h that served as the catalyst for my depression and suffered no repercussions is getting married on my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 109
You deserved it 718

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your FML posting really touched my heart. Sometimes, it really seems like the Universe is against us. Try to remember that it's just a feeling: bad things happen to good people, and great things happen to bad people every day. I feel like the Universe might be sending you a message by having your arch-nemesis get married on your special personal day. That message can be positive or negative, it's up to you! It could be "Look, you're a hopeless case, and even on your best day, your enemies can laugh at you!" or it can be "Look how powerful you are, your former enemy has turned her life around and is celebrating it on YOUR day. Now, it's your turn, and nothing can stop you from turning your life around, too!"

Facebook is one giant illusion, it is not a true reflection of people's lives, people show a very edited and filtered version of themselves. Do you know her business is successful, have you seen her bank balance? I have seen many long term relationships /engagements/marriages crumble where I have been so surprised to hear how miserable they were for a long time but were hiding it, their Facebook persona showed them to be all loved up constantly. Don't focus on it or compare lives, only focus on what you need to do to better yourself!

Comments

EnvyMe33 26

This is the time where you grow up. Put your big girl panties on and own that shit. Stop living in the past. If you always do what you've always done you'll aways get what you've always got .

Some of those that seem happiest are not happy at all. Regardless, I wouldn't pay any attention to her. Focus on your happiness. Keep looking and reaching for your dream job. Try to enjoy the road that will lead to it. Keep dating and looking for your dream guy. Try to enjoy the road that will lead to him, too.

I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied, but why do you even care what your old bully is up to? Whining about it isn't making anything better. Seek help if you feel you have depression and take it from there, and don't give up on job searching, you'll find one eventually.

I was bullied in school but you know people grow up if I see an old bully I just to talk them as friends high school is dumbshit you have to go through unfortunately but when you see people 3-5 yrs later if your still being bullied through your adulthood tell em to **** themselves they never grew up.

Having suffered with depression myself, one thing I have realised is that you need to be happy in yourself. While I know from experience that is much harder than many people think, one of the key things to help you on your path to recovery is to stop comparing yourself to others. Figure out what you want out of life (and I'm not talking about the big long term goals, I'm talking about the small things you can change easily), want to loose weight, then decide to make the healthier choices when deciding what to eat (as in new potatoes instead of chips, or a burger without the cheese). If you want a job that you are not qualified for, start learning about it on your own time (with the internet, it is possible to learn a lot without spending money on an actual course, so when you do decide to go on the course for the qualification, you are as prepared as you possibly can be and (hopefully) find the course relatively easy. I found that dealing with my depression was about taking lots of small steps, one at a time, rather than trying to change your entire life in one go). Ultimately, getting through your depression is about being happy with who you are, it will take time, and probably a few setbacks along the way. On one last note, don't go looking for people you didn't like from your past. Even though you stumbled across your old bully on facebook, you were the one who decided to open up the profile page and see what she was doing now, you could have said, I'm not interested and moved on (and yes, I know this is sometimes harder to do as well, as I have done it myself (in my case with an ex who sent an invite request or something)).

As someone who was both a bully and was bullied, I empathize with this. I'm sorry you suffered and that karma hasn't paid this woman back for making you suffer just yet. Sometimes it takes forever in a day to see justice, the best thing you can do in this case though, is move on from the past. I recall when I met up with a former high school bully who recognized me, and the guy actually turned out to be a wonderful man, actually apologized for how he treated me and showed regret for it. Because of this, I'm friends with him. Perhaps you need to do the same, say hello and perhaps you can actually make peace with her. Who knows, maybe you'll actually bury a rivalry and gain a new friend.

Show up to her wedding and *ruin* it in a spectacular fashion[1] It will be *glorious* [1] For example, come armed with dual super-soakers fully loaded with skunk musk. Give the entire party and venue a good dousing =D

Are we going to talk about the fact that the horrible new layout makes it hard to read FML's properly?

EqualityandResponsibility 7

Move on for your sake. Take each day a step at a time. Don't let the past have power over your present or your future. Besides it may not seem like it buy everyone on this planet has problems. Focus on yourself. You can even try to mend things with her if it bothers you that much. I leaned sometimes people don't always bully because they're necessarily bad. Of course it's not right but people deal with things differently. Maybe she regrets it and you can move on. I remember this guy bullied me in school turns out his mom had cancer. After she died he approached me and apologized. Turns out my friend told him I lost my parents and we bonded over that. Point is either forget it and move on or confront her and understand her (if it may help). Whether the confrontation goes good or bad move on. Good luck.