By Anonymous - 27/10/2010 05:58 - United States

Today, I spent all day handing out flyers advertising my services as a psychic. I got only one call. The caller wanted to inform me that I had misspelt the word "psychic" on my flyer. She was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 785
You deserved it 42 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

serves you right for trying to con people into thinking you're psychic!

YDI for being a psychic it's a bullshit profession

Comments

yup, good thing it wasnt a grammar class flyer. "flyer", "misspelt", (those two have already been pointed out), and "i only got one call". too bad you're fake. people with REAL "psychic" powers are actually smart enough to not go public to attempt to abuse their powers.

This, kind of. I've known some incredibly intuitive people with the baffling ability to understand others, even to the point of knowing things they have no reason to suspect. I wouldn't call them psychic powers, per se, but it's the closest thing to it that I've ever encountered. One thing they have had in common is a hesitance to make the keenness of their intuition known. They tend to pick up on things others don't want to be told about themselves, so they only share their knowledge with a few trusted people. It would be too easy for others to use them or turn on them. Again, I don't know what generally qualifies as psychic, so I could be wrong with this next point. But as I understand it, psychics don't claim the ability to predict everything at will. Too easy to disprove. So those saying "You're fake b/c you couldn't predict that" aren't making much of an argument.

tannarox 0
Attacksloth 33

YDI for being "psychic" and for conning stupid people. Pot and kettle.

I ******* hate **** suckers like you who pray on impressionable people. Die in a fire asshole! Ok, maybe that's a bit harsh considering I'm a firm believer that a fool and his money should indeed part company. I just hate "psychics" so god damn much.

yeah, the worst ones are Mary Ochono and Sylvia Brown. there is no such thing as a legitimate psychic.

Don't worry OP. these people are just skeptics. If you believe you can then you can do it. The human mind is a powerful thing and isn't fully understood. Don't let their negative feedback get you down. infact let it be your goal to prove them wrong. if they don't want to believe, that's their decision, but they shouldn't discourage other people. Good luck. 

These people aren't skeptics, they are the intelligent. You clearly aren't. "If you believe you can then you can do it." I believe I can make you explode... did it work? Probably not. This is a saying that is meant to encourage children, if you're an adult and firmly believe it word for word - you clearly haven't learned anything in life (or are not capable of understanding it). "The human mind is a powerful thing and isn't fully understood." Powerful in computation, yes. Powerful in a magical way? No. The sun is a powerful thing and not fully understood, is that valid rationale for worshipping the sun and believing that the sun can read your mind? Do you see how the most basic and simple logic can easily destroy your beliefs? I suggest you re-visit your beliefs with an OPEN mind (remember, OPEN minded means being open to different ideas other than your own. Being open minded does NOT mean you believe in something non-mainstream).

I have my beliefs and you have yours. your not going to be able to convince me that what I believe in isn't real because I know it is. And if you don't that's your decision. But like most human beings in this world, you have lost your way, and you are now struggling to survive your life.I'm sure tht if you find something to truly believe in, then I'm sure your life will be a lot better.

Show me a psychic and I'll tell you what a liar looks like.

87 - Life is gong to chew you up and spit you out. 120 - Applause, couldn't agree more.

"your not going to be able to convince me that what I believe in isn't real" Confirmation Bias. This is an odd behaviour that most people have to some SMALL degree, yours is extraordinarily strong. It's when someone forms an opinion on something, and then rejects any information to the contrary. While you may not *technically* be stupid, when most people call others "stupid", it's because that person has an unusually strong confirmation bias (or some other logical fallacy). Do people often give you that "oh god this person is dumb" look when talking to you? "But like most human beings in this world, you have lost your way" Ad hominem. Do you see what you're doing here? Take a step back and look at yourself, you are assuming things simply because I have *dared* to question your ignorance. You're doing this because in your mind, you have now convinced yourself that I have "lost my way", and now you can easily reject anything I have said without actually thinking about it. Again, many people do this to small degrees, but you're well above the norm. "and you are now struggling to survive your life." I would say that although you aimed that comment at me, you're probably talking about yourself. I would also like to point out that statistically, people who willingly believe myth or legends (ie "aliens are real" "9/11 was an inside job" "my radio turned on thus its a ghost") are generally more unhappy with their lives, and use these outrageous beliefs to comfort themselves (in the same way that religion can provide emotional support). "I'm sure tht if you find something to truly believe in, then I'm sure your life will be a lot better." This comment simply supports what I said above, that you have convinced yourself that you can't possibly be happy without the comfort of insane beliefs.

I don't believe in things such as aliens or ghosts but I don't completely ignore that there is proof that they might exist. I'm a Christian and actually very open minded. but I don't take kindly to people who say that I'm wron about my faith.

"I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people" - Leviticus 20:6 Looks like you're screwed either way...respectfully :)

TwoZeroOZ -> instant win MusicLover369 -> stupid nothing else to say

while i dont agree with you i love chopper

Sparkiee93 3

Shouldn't you have been able to predict that?