By Anonymous - 19/01/2010 19:26 - United States

Today, I sent my boss a link to a website I thought would answer a simple question she'd asked. Turns out, yes, the site did answer her question, but it also had some very suggestive ads on it. Apparently I'm the only person in the office who uses adblock. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 238
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saranottelling 7

The website the OP sent her boss to had some nasty ads (Probably for **** websites or something similar.) The OP didn't know though because she has adblock (which meant she couldn't see the nasty ads)

Ahaha. Adblock is one of the first things to go on when I help people with their internet. Oh well. No harm done hopefully OP. Those ads switch out everywhere like crazy.

Comments

You deserve it... being somewhat technically minded and expecting others to also have even a portion of your experience shows you have a lot to learn... only suggest sites where your Adblock is not showing "blocked ads" icon.

What is this Evony you speak of? I had something similar once. I was at a girl's house, and looked up something on some torrent site, and it turned out she didn't have any ad blocker. That was also the moment I first found out that it was full of **** ads. Slightly awkward, but I just ignored them, and so did she.

i am definitely getting adblock. i am on a very sexually-oriented website- a forum about kinks and fetishes. while i do enjoy TALKING about this stuff, it'd be great to block the annoying porno ads. i want to chat without sex toys being thrust into my face all the time. as well as: just explain it, can't be too difficult. install adblock for them.

dg72592_fml 0

wait, how is it your fault if there were suggestive ads on the site? you can't control the ad content that shows up

Don't feel bad. There's chance that she might actually like the ad...

Bigdanish9785 3

Is Adblock the app on chrome?

ex_ff 9

Well...you never know. It might lead to something ;-)

upgradestorm1 20

WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE NOT USE ADBLOCK?!?!