By Anonymous - 01/08/2012 23:31 - United States - Annandale

Today, I saw the girl that I've had a crush on forever riding her horse on the side of the road. She waved, and without thinking, I honked my horn in response. Her horse bucked her off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 635
You deserved it 17 790

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aaaaand you being the quick thinker you are turned around and went back to help?

"Honk Honk" This is the text message my crush was reading when she crashed her her horse...

Comments

In some places it's actually illegal to honk your horn unless it's for safety reasons. And don't most people honk to get someone's attention? If she already waved to you why wouldn't you just wave back?

Honking wasn't a bright thing to do here, whether or not it's illegal, but it's also not bright to ride a horse along a road if that horse can't handle car sounds. What if there WERE a safety reason for someone to honk, or an emergency vehicle came by with sirens blaring, or a driver passed playing very loud music?

YDI, but if she talks to you again after all your sorrys... try suggesting she teach you some things about horses, just tell her you dont know much, show some interest, and that extra effort and time together could be the start you need.

And in many rural areas honking is a greeting. I've had the same situation on my on horses many times. I just work with them until thes honks dont bother them before I ride them down a road.

Yes people drive by our barn and honk all the time, so luckily the horses get use to it quick.

Great ice breaker, you didn't even need a wing man to be the asshole to that girl so you could "save" her from the asshole. You played both characters and now she's going to think your such a gentlemen for going back to check her out and make sure she is ok (I hope you did) then you can proceed to take care of her. There you have it you just eased your way into her life.

I'm so sorry! I hope she will forgive you and your love will work out! ❤

skyeyez9 24

Horses are scary. They are prey animals and skittish at sudden noises. I saw a horse take off in a full sprint cause the girl riding him opened a can of soda. The sound of it spooked it. He ran nearly two miles with her left leg stuck in the holster an dragged her to death.

Why would you honk your horn? Horses are easily spooked so no wonder it ran. I know people who have had serious accidents because drivers did things like this and their horses bolted... YDI

Now you have an excuse to ask her out.

efree303 0

That is some f*cking funny sh*t