By Anonymous - 05/10/2012 02:45 - United States - Miami

Today, I saw on my 17-year-old daughter's floor her "To-Do" list. What was #1? Jump in front of a moving vehicle, in hopes that Edward Cullen will use his vampire speed to save her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 007
You deserved it 4 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least it's on her "To Do" list and not her "Already Completed" list...

Comments

Tbh, sounds like she's depressed and feels like doing that, the Twilight part is just an excuse.. though i do hope i'm wrong lol

I do have to admit, I did read the Twilight books and did enjoy them. I am not obsessed with Twilight, and never will be, but it was my way to get me into reading as a teenager. I read 4 books over my summer vacation and none of them had to do with vampires or werewolves. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't read them if it wasn't for Twilight books a few years ago. But I am not obsessed. So I don't understand why some people are bashing Twilight so badly when it got some teenagers reading books. I personally love reading now

Yours is a refreshing angle from which to look at this...debacle that is Twilight, and kudos to you for that. Unfortunately, you're in the minority, and it seems Twilight is the gateway to some totally different paths. You took the narrow, less-trodden one, and used it to jumpstart the betterment of yourself. Sadly, the majority of the readers took the broader path of obsession, to make-believe full-retardland, as this FML post so well illustrated. Oh, and not to mention the countless other posts as well, half of which are of girlfriends dumping their boyfriends because they aren't up to an artificial standard that is in line with Sparkly. I concede that it's great that the series at least got teenagers reading, but you cannot deny the more prevalent, negative (albeit mostly trivially negative) impact that it has had.

nonnieluv 9

I personally enjoyed the books. They got me into the romantic fantasy books, that are actually romantic. I personally think the movies and overselling of the entire twilight saga ruined it. As I am not a fanatic I did like Twilight. I will admit that so many teenagers take a lot of series too far. But there always be a new fad.

I doubt most people who read Twilight become obsessed. I myself read them and enjoyed them and am not an obsessive loon. I've never even seen the movies, nor do I even own all of the books, let alone any Twilight paraphernalia. I think most cases are more similar to mine and 57, but it's just the crazies who stand out. You'd never read an FML that read: "Today, my daughter read a chapter of Twilight, which she discussed with me casually at dinner. Apparently, it's really gotten her into reading. FML" Also, I think the phenomenon of crazy Twilight fans has more to do with those people than the books themselves. If it wasn't for Twilight, they'd be obsessing over something else, and we'd be discussing the pros and cons of that instead.

internetqueen 1

Agree with you all. I thought the books were a fun read, and so did my friends. Doesn't mean we're obsessed, we just enjoyed them.

Thank you 57. Me too. I have/read the books and don't mind them at all. The first movie made me feel uncomfortable though -_- but yes I completely agree, like what you want and don't care what people think. Becoming obsessed is another thing though. People need to read more to stretch their minds to bigger things. :)

Before you know it, she'll be approaching shady characters in dark alleys, riding motorcycles, and cliff diving.

If you can't take something seriously like a to-do list, what CAN you take seriously?

AngelicTide 11
rebel_belle1974 5

is #2 fly a broom with Harry Potter?

Whether you love the Twilight series or hate it, the books opened the world of reading to a whole generation. Obviously almost every adult agrees it is badly written and has a weak story line. Can we move on now?

heinous966 15

YDI for going through her stuff, OP.