By Anonymous - 27/11/2013 16:28 - United States - Beachwood

Today, I saw my long-distance boyfriend for the first time in 8 months. He dumped me on the spot because I was "uglier" than he remembered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 014
You deserved it 9 433

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You deserve better OP. He sounds like an ass

raininginseattle 9

Now he'll be your long distance douche bag.

Comments

jej999000 2

Everyone referring to Op as a "her" he's really a "he" lol look at the gender symbol on their FML story. And Op, you can do so much better. Know your worth. Never let anyone else feel as though they are superior to you. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I guarantee you are beautiful inside and out.

jej999000 2

Everyone referring to Op as a "her" he's really a "he" lol look at the gender symbol on their FML story. And Op, you can do so much better. Know your worth. Never let anyone else feel as though they are superior to you. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I guarantee you are beautiful inside and out.

I'm surprised you two didn't send each other any photos for 8 months, or video chat with each other or something. That really sucks though, sorry OP.

Our mind tends to distort our memory to make OP appear prettier.

To those saying that it's weird the OP didn't send any pictures... my assumption was that he did, but just picked out the ones he looked particularly gorgeous in. There's no crime against it, everybody goes through their photos to find the best ones, but it means that it builds up an image of you that's totally different to how you usually look 'in person' because the angles and lighting are different. I'm pretty sure a lot of people's online profile pictures are the best pictures of them rather than representative. I know I look a lot better in my favourite photos of me than I do in the mirror most days. They're not Photoshopped at all, they're still 'me', just I pick the ones where I look at my best. It sounds a lot more cynical when I write it down, but it isn't even that deliberate a process. Just that if I have twenty photos from a party or whatever, I'm not going to want to upload them all anyway, so I pick the best ones. In fact, when I first met my partner, we'd been speaking for a few days online as friends (we were about to start university and be in the same halls) and when we met in person he said I looked totally different to my photos. In which case, it sort of makes sense that the OP's boyfriend thought he looked different, but he's still a colossal dick that it matters to him.

that guy has no respect. he's a dumb azz not worth it. he's probably not good-looking. your probably way too good for him