By Anonymous - 28/03/2011 23:27 - United States

Today, I realized that even though I was an honor student throughout school, and considered the golden child who was going to go far in life, all I've accomplished a year after graduation is becoming an unemployed single mother still living with my parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 492
You deserved it 31 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you're a 19-year old who was irresponsible enough to get knocked up, and you're complaining? Did you think someone would hand you success on a silver platter? Sorry princess, life doesn't work that way. You want to be successful? Work for it.

Corilee13 7

You were an honor student and couldn't read the instructions on a condom? or birth control pills?

Comments

In my experience, all people who have unplanned pregnancies didn't use protection or Plan B. I'm assuming statistically speaking there is a huge chance Op didn't use protection. Just because there are rare cases where people become pregnant even though they used the pill and the condom doesn't mean it's ok to not use protection because 'you might get pregnant anyway'. If everyone used protection every time I bet you all the unexpected pregnancies FMLs would greatly reduce. I bet you. Maybe OP was very responsible but statistically speaking she probably wasn't.

Maybe if you are close enough to so many people having unplanned pregnancies that you can discuss the circumstances of their pregnancies with them you're circumstantial evidence is worth even less than most peoples. And what statistics are you basing that on? If you want to speak statistically then maybe you should show what statistics exactly you're referring to. "All the people you know who have unplanned pregnancies"?

Anaxes 5

What the **** did you do to the language?

NoraT_fml 6

my god post a comment not a story..

raven02 0

wat is success working with paperwork having an office and a bunch of mummies walking in suits now that's wasting ur life success is when u die and u did everything u came to this earth wanting and craving to do...anyways keep up the bad work sweetheart

And yet not the wits to use birth control. SMH wasted education. Well pick yourself up, dust off, get a job, and support you and your child. Your not yhe first, not the last, and your life is ****** because you choose to live a ****** life. Choose something better.

That's life mommy. I'm in the exact position except I don't have a child nor do I want one all u need to do is get bak to school u got the brains baby don't waste it plus u have wat most girls don't...ur parents. N e way *** wat ppl say just go bak to school become who u want n show ur child!

Egnar 19

Obviously not educated to know that no 'birth control' save for abstinence is a fullproof method of preventing pregnancy - Pot calling the kettle black.

a) Pot calling the kettle black doesn't make sense in this context. b) Abstinence is not 100% effective, you can always be raped. Education might not be a contraceptive but it can help you not to sound stupid...

sailorzoe 14
NavyAvi 0

I thought I was the only one!

"tonight on an all new episode of teen mom"

perstephane 4

I know all of this has been said above, but I feel like it bears repeating. 1) OP could have graduated from college. 2) OP could have been married to the father of her child, and he could have died or left her (unlikely because she says "still" living with her parents, not living with them again, but...). 3) If you think birth control (even 2 forms at once) is going to be 100% effective, you should have paid better attention in health class. 4) As far as unemployment, I know plenty of people who apply for dozens of jobs every week and are still unemployed. In this economy, you don't have to be "lazy" to not have a job. I know people with multiple degrees who have applied for every job they can think of, only to be turned down because their education makes them "overqualified." I was one of them. I'm lucky enough to have a good job in my field now, but it was touch and go for awhile. 5) Just because she's living with her parents doesn't mean they're paying for anything. They may be charging her rent, and she may be paying for utilities, groceries etc. There are many, many parents who do that. I might be wrong on all of those. But considering that people seem to be assuming the worst even though none of it is in the FML, I thought maybe I would point out that the assumptions could go in the opposite direction.

EvilDave 13

It is always amusing when people like you try to make excuses for losers like the OP. You know none of what you said is true. She is unemployed, never married, single mother who through away her life like the loser she is. I would not doubt that she was a stuck up bitch in high school as well.

How are your assumptions about her never being married and being stuck up any more likely than the scenario where contraception failed etc.? Are you psychic? In my experience people who refer to anyone with good grades as being "stuck up" generally do it because they have bad grades themselves...