By Anonymous - 23/11/2012 02:49 - Canada - Oakville

Today, I ran into an old friend, and she remarked how she couldn't believe we hadn't seen each other in a year. Except not only did I attend her baby shower a few weeks ago, I spent hundreds of dollars on a unique gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 262
You deserved it 2 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The exact same thing happened to me but instead of a babyshower it was her wedding.

dancer4life143 13

That sucks :/ but considering you just went to her baby shower, I'm sure she's just been really busy with her new baby and REALLY sleep deprived, so try not to take it personally(:

Comments

Guys I'm sorry for my first comment. I tried to edit it, but ran out of time. I'm sorry about that OP. Especially since you spent so much money on her. But if she just had a baby, she is probably not getting much sleep and very forgetful.

tne201992 12

They give you the whole damn time to edit, and it took you that long?

littlemsweirdo 12

Im sorry but both your comments dont contribute much.

littlemsweirdo 12

Yeah, this was a response to another comment. I am an idiot.

Probably she might not have opened her gifts yet, also people are busy and fail to notice people in baby shower particularly weddings.

littlemsweirdo 12

Who the hell doesnt open their gifts after a few weeks?!

22 - do you think people thumb you down because you make reference to being thumbed down in your profile? Just a thought.

Well if she is that clueless go to her house and steal your gift back and give it to her again for a different occasion.

SApprentice 34

Point that fact out to her then. I'm sure the discomfort will be punishment enough.

winkydog4056 16

How awkward was it when you told her you were at the baby shower?

chrissy2 28

Haha! She's probably suffering from pregnancy brain :P

Hundreds of dollars =0? Is it just me or is that way too much

chrissy2 28

True...why would you spend that much money on someone who would not notice you being at a shower?

That was my first thought too. I can understand spending hundreds of dollars (on something like a crib, for example) for a family member or close friend. But why would you spend so much on someone who clearly isn't a close friend and/or doesn't even know who you are? And why bother with an expensive and "unique" gift anyway? Most would-be mothers are just happy to get things that are practical and will help them with those first few weeks after giving birth. Things like baby wipes, disposable diapers, diaper creams, muslin blankets...they are practical gifts that parents sometimes forget to buy because they are so focused on those bigger items like cribs, toys and safe-proofing the house.

Poor OP! I would have been upset too. But why did you spend so much money on a person who doesn't seem to care too much about you?