By sucksforme - 12/09/2009 00:40 - United States

Today, I parked in front of a grocery store and took the portable GPS system off the mount on the dashboard and put it in my pocket so no one would break into my car and steal it. When I got back, the window was smashed and someone had stolen the plastic mount. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 582
You deserved it 3 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone knows a plastic mount is why you have to pay the $150 for the GPS system. GPS Unit = $150 Broken Window = $250 Stolen Plastic Mount = Priceless

Sure they would. Leaving the mount sitting there means you HAVE a GPS, and most people just put it in their center console or glovebox when they're not in the car, not their pocket. So the thief probably assumed there was a GPS unit, then got irritated when there wasn't and took the mount to be a dick.

Comments

Sorry YDI. Most people just take the GPS off the mount and put it elsewhere in the car assuming that the thief would not break in then. The truth is the thief is usually smarter then the common person.

Where do you people come from? LoL. The broken window is covered by insurance (9 times out of 10), the mount...who cares. The GPS wouldn't be covered by car insurance, he saved what he could. That's all you can ask of the guy. To belittle the guy by trying to make it seem like the broken window was worth more then the GPS is pretty stupid. Most people with GPS have some very nice vehicles, thus coming with nice insurance coverage. @Astan92: What the @#$%? I honestly don't see your logic in telling this poor guy that he deserved it. "Sorry YDI. Most people just take the GPS off the mount and put it elsewhere in the car assuming that the thief would not break in then. The truth is the thief is usually smarter then the common person." That translated is telling me: "The thief thought the GPS was still in the vehicle because the plastic mount was still there. The truth is, thieves are usually smarter then the average person. The logic behind this is that the OP is smarter then the average person, so he actually took his GPS." So, tell me, again, why this guy deserved it?"

There are always people like you, who, no matter what anyone says, will say "YDI." So what if most people just take it off the mount and hide it? That doesn't mean this guy deserved his window being smashed in. No one DESERVES to have their car broken into. If they leave a hundred dollar bill on the dashboard, yeah, that's stupid, but it doesn't mean they deserve the misfortune.

arienh4 0

That is the DEFINITION of "deserving it". If you leave $100 on the dashboard and your car is broken into, it's your own fault. Therefore, you deserved it.

OP deserved it because one of the first things you should learn to do upon getting a GPS is take the mount down when you leave the car.

That's complete BS. Taking the mount down and putting it up is the biggest waste of time ever, that's why you can take the GPS off the mount. This is a complete FYL ,and not a DIY.

softbonez 0

Not a 'deserve it you'? Not a 'do it yourself'?

sweet book bro. in your defense I thought you were just going to correct his grammar, you actually care about people voting YDI due to his insurance coverage.

They broke in and stole the mount? Odd. Maybe they took the mount out of their car, left the GPS, and their mount was stolen. In turn, they took yours. I'm reaching.

I'm guessing the thief stole the mount because he was pissed that he couldn't steal the gps too. In a way, OP was lucky that the thief didn't break or steal anything else like his audio system or something.

ydi for being paranoid. thief to trust a thied.

moonlight_daze 8

It's got nothing to do with paranoia. Where the **** are you from, man?

Oregon? Some hipster probably stole it to put on his bike as an odd hipster contraption/ornament.

I misread this as "contraception", as in birth control, and my first thought was, "Sounds effective to me!"

Hahahaha. But hey, If Tom-Tom can drive you into a tree, it still counts as birth control!

the garmin mount looks like a butt-plug (:,'

Is that why they call it a mount? Are you supposed to ACTUALLY mount it? GPS - Gynecological Penetration System ???

ahhh, but if it's Gynecological, then it ain't a BUTT plug.... still, kudos. impressive shit indeed

Oh, right. Thank you :] ......Gastrointestinal Penetration Setup? thanks Intoxicunt ♥ | v

allmidnighteyes wins the internet. :D I love the idea that you're supposed to "mount" it. Hahaha.

now you're talking. that's a product i can fully endorse! :D

What the hell? You managed to reply to my comment in the comment that I replied to, before either of ours ran out of time. TIME WAAARP!

Hahaha I'm just quick like that? Oh, wait... :( it's just a jump to the left!

You are extremely lucky. Do you do this every time you leave your vehicle? Cuz if you were like, im gonna just decide to take this out today and someone just happened to break in your ride and steal that, I would have to say you staged it just so you could have a FML

How is this an FML? If you hadn't taken out the GPS it would have been stolen. You won.

Statutory_Grape 0

This is one of those FMLs that I can laugh at without feeling bad. I mean, the damage to the OP's life is minimal, but it's that little delicious bit of irony that makes it fun. Like when I was little and the neighbor kid stole my bike from my garage, but left the training wheels.