By chynna - 06/08/2014 21:35 - United States - Evansville

Today, I paid $325 to have the vet tell me that my 19-year-old cat ISN'T dying, she just had anxiety shits because we were gone on vacation for so long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 608
You deserved it 6 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

After 19 years, I would assume you know how your cat works.

Vets are ridiculously expensive, but at least your kitty is healthy :)

Comments

That's not a problem, that's just your responsibility as a pet owner.

Well that's pretty reasonable, actually. Human medicine is even more expensive -- you just usually don't get to see your own bill if you have health care. Glad your kitty is okay!

Hahahaha thats the funniest thing iv ever read on fml!!

Thats better than paying 325$ for the vet to tell you your cat is dying

I must be wrong in not understanding the vet's diagnosis. But how does a cat know the family is going for a LONG vacation?

They weren't about to leave, they had already been gone and come back. The cat was stressed because its environment had a major change (its family disappeared for a long amount of time and the cat had no way of knowing what was going on).

YDI. Why complain about the vet bill when you were willing to take a geriatric cat, you thought was dying, to the vet? Seems you were quite willing to spend any amount just to hear the vet say your cat was old, dying, and there was nothing he could do to help. So I don't understand what you're complaining about.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

She was probably nervous that you were gone so long.

Good for you for having a cat for so long.