By chynna - 06/08/2014 21:35 - United States - Evansville

Today, I paid $325 to have the vet tell me that my 19-year-old cat ISN'T dying, she just had anxiety shits because we were gone on vacation for so long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 607
You deserved it 6 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

After 19 years, I would assume you know how your cat works.

Vets are ridiculously expensive, but at least your kitty is healthy :)

Comments

91hayek 31

Why did it cost that much? Do they have to do a special test or something?

You call this an FML?! Be glad your cat's okay!!!!!

Consider yourself blessed. I was at the vet for 2 hours and payed $1,000 to have them put my 17-year-old cat to sleep. We had to pay for tests they didn't even send out because they decided to put her down.

That's awful. They should've given you the money back if the tests ended up not being sent out and unnecessary!

tony1891 22

your cat is 19 years old? wow. didn't think they lived that long

most cats, to my knowledge, live to be 15-20 years old. with proper care and diet of course

You've got to be kitten me, $325 just to do a basic check up? And 19 years, wow, your cat must be on its ninth life by now for sure but at least you know that it isn't dying.

martin8337 35

Pets can miss people and suffer from anxiety just like people. 19 years and still going, you must really take great care of the cat. Kudos.

That's a lot of money to pay for a creature ready to make its way out.

150493x 29

Better safe than sorry! We recently had our dog at the vets and I'd rather pay the vet just for them to say he is okay than to leave him and worry.