By TaraBURGER - 17/09/2013 07:57 - United States

Today, I met my birth mother. My dad won't talk to me, my mom won't stop crying and thinks I'm replacing her, and the rest of my family won't stop calling me a bitch. I'm 21, and I just wanted to meet the woman who pushed me head-first out of her vagina. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 361
You deserved it 4 338

TaraBURGER tells us more.

My parents still think that I'm trying to replace them. I don't think they understand that this woman is only technically my mother. She isn't my mommy and never could be. I also found out I have a little sister, which is kinda cool. I haven't even told them about her. I'd get booted out of the family tree. I tried to talk to my parents about it, but they just shut me down every time and pulled the whole, "Are we not good enough for you?" bullshit on me. I went on Facebook and found her right away. She's a very nice lady, but I still just call her by her first name. Like I said, she isn't my momma. Also, I saw something on here about the real mom vs. biological mom debate. Personally, I think saying "real mom" is a bit weird. My real mom is the one that changed my diapers, read to me at night, and comforted me when I came home from school crying. I think biological mom is less offensive to adoptive mothers. I have and will never use the term "real mom" to describe my biological mother.

Top comments

Just ignore it, OP. They'll stop being touchy when they see that you can love them AND at least know your birth mother.

The_9th_Doctor 18

good for you. you should have that right. screw what everyone else thinks

Comments

Im adopted too - I can totally relate. My parents did the same thing. Explain to them your situation, and I hope things work out wonderfully for you and your family. Good luck OP.

Good for you. Maybe you should try having a family meeting and talk about things. I know it can be stressful but communication is key at this point. Hope things get better.

it's her foster family, the one who raised her who is blaming her...

Knowing about your birth parents is a basic human right. If they were trying to stop you, or telling you not to, they are the ones in the wrong. It is disgusting they are treating you this way. You'd think they'd be making their best efforts to make you feel like you're part of the family...

that's not her real mother, it's just the woman who gave birth to her

Write your family members letters for each of them explaining you're not looking to replace your family, you love them with all your heart and you were just interested in meeting the woman who gave birth to you and we're just interested in your history, that doesn't mean you wanna replace everyone.

You have that right and if your family can't stand behind you then they are the ones acting like not your family! You go girl and do what you feel is your right this is America and you shouldn't be persecuted for it ;)

doglover100 28

There's nothing wrong with wanting to meet your birth mom.

well after all that stupid drama I hope the meeting with your birth mother goes well and doesn't end up adding more drama :) your family should be more supportive its natural to want to know your birth parents

Remind everyone that you love them very much, no one is being replaced and you are grateful for everything they have given you, but you just needed to know.