By TaraBURGER - 17/09/2013 07:57 - United States

Today, I met my birth mother. My dad won't talk to me, my mom won't stop crying and thinks I'm replacing her, and the rest of my family won't stop calling me a bitch. I'm 21, and I just wanted to meet the woman who pushed me head-first out of her vagina. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 361
You deserved it 4 338

TaraBURGER tells us more.

My parents still think that I'm trying to replace them. I don't think they understand that this woman is only technically my mother. She isn't my mommy and never could be. I also found out I have a little sister, which is kinda cool. I haven't even told them about her. I'd get booted out of the family tree. I tried to talk to my parents about it, but they just shut me down every time and pulled the whole, "Are we not good enough for you?" bullshit on me. I went on Facebook and found her right away. She's a very nice lady, but I still just call her by her first name. Like I said, she isn't my momma. Also, I saw something on here about the real mom vs. biological mom debate. Personally, I think saying "real mom" is a bit weird. My real mom is the one that changed my diapers, read to me at night, and comforted me when I came home from school crying. I think biological mom is less offensive to adoptive mothers. I have and will never use the term "real mom" to describe my biological mother.

Top comments

Just ignore it, OP. They'll stop being touchy when they see that you can love them AND at least know your birth mother.

The_9th_Doctor 18

good for you. you should have that right. screw what everyone else thinks

Comments

I think you should tell your family to stop being so selfish. Remind them they are your blood, but you still have a right to have your questions answered. My mom told me from the beginning I was adopted, and when she felt I was mature enough, set me in contact with her while letting me have full contact with my half siblings. Seriously, tho, they need to be not so selfish.

I'm adopted too. Your adopted parents are rude. They'll get over it but if you're enraged by their behavior, you have every right to be.

My family reacted that way when I met my father for the first time. I think they were just scared that I would like him too much and choose him over them. I wouldn't, and I think it's crazy, but...

Oh_So_Klassical 18

When I say I'm in the same boat, I mean it! If I didn't know any better I'd swear it was mine FML! I had a health scare and desperately needed my biological fathers family medical history. I contacted my birth mother at like, 7 in the morning and before noon my mom came down the stairs saying the whole family was talking about me. I've always known who my birth mother is even though I've never met her She's my mom's niece. Her mom is my mom's sister. Our family has always valued raising your own kids, even though all my mom's brothers and sisters (there's 7 of them total, 6 are still alive, my birth mother's mother died the year before I was born) have been foster parents. Everyone in my extended family is against me contacting my birth mother, except for the woman who raised me. She too wants to know who my birth father is and my birth mother is no help. I have a name and a residence 20 years ago.

this is why I don't let my husband donate sperm.I don't want some girl to go looking for him someday.it just messes with families.

your an idiot...donating sperm is not the topic

Legally, they wouldn't be allowed to hunt him down anyways, so your argument is invalid and retarded

musiciangirl591 16

if the clinic released those records, that would be illegal, so there's really no chance of that happening...

actually they CAN "hunt down" their sperm donor......

I can see both sides to the story but they should be supportive as they knew this day would come as you'd want to know who she is

I'm adopted and it's been annoying trying to get any information out of my parents, and having been born in Iowa, there's a good chance I'll never find the names of my biological parents. This does not bother me much as at the least all I want is medical history of my bloodline

BriannaMGK 15

You're an adult, it's your decision. You have the right to know your own mother, don't let them make you feel bad about it.

Well, not her own mother - the person who gave birth to her. I'm sure OP knows what you mean, though.

They'll get over it just make sure you don't ignore your parents

What a disgusting synopsis. You clearly have big problems.