By Brunofk7 - 21/11/2015 00:59 - Peru - Lima

Today, I made a multiple choice exam so my friend could practice and get a good grade on his real exam. While I was helping him finish it, the teacher saw it, thought we were cheating and failed us both. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 181
You deserved it 2 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

usnwife 18

Was the real test already out or something? How could she assume cheating if she hadnt given out the test? I'm really confused as to how this happened...

lilchica22001 22

You should definitely be able to explain. I hope your teacher realizes you were just being a good friend and not an unfaithful student

Comments

MonstreBelle 28

Because wanting to get good grades is so weird...

Thats like saying dont be a weirdo and eat taco bell

corky1992 33

Couldn't you show it to the teacher and explain it to her? Surely she'd notice that it wasn't her actual test.

This is when you ask your parents for help. Some teachers live to make you miserable.

How does that work? Did she think you got a test out of her stack of the day coming up?

Sometimes teachers are just mean on purpose. I think it's an authority thing

MonstreBelle 28

That's not okay. If your teacher won't listen, then go talk to your principal, or any one else higher up. Unless your test is exactly the same as the teacher's, you didn't do anything wrong. It's not uncommon for teachers to make practice tests available anyway to help students study. If your teacher writes tests in advance, all they need to do is read through your practice test to know that you steal it to help your friend cheat.

MonstreBelle 28

*didn't steal it. sorry for the double post, I didn't notice my error before the edit time ran out and I can't reply to my own comment

Just a question from a foreigner : why does everyone assume the teacher is female? Did I miss something?

An interesting question. In America (which is where I suppose most respondents are from), grade-school teaching is a typically female profession, as is nursing. Most jobs that involve lots of close human contact, and especially work with children, tend to be stereotyped as female. Supposedly, they're honored jobs, but when it comes to salary we can see how much honor is worth, and it doesn't buy a cup of coffee.

You absolutely did the right thing helping your friend. Apparently your teacher is a bit paranoid. You can talk this through with school principal or other authorities and I hope they'd reverse the decision. Don't worry. It'll be alright. You haven't done anything wrong.