By Lane - 18/11/2018 14:00

Today, I made a frustrating discovery about my new bunny. He can’t stand the fan in my small studio apartment, and thumps angrily and refuses to sleep if it's on. I can’t sleep with it off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 640
You deserved it 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohsnapword 21

Is there any way you can shield him from the wind it makes? Or is it the sound that the bunny doesn't like?

Comments

thehaystackerine 20

I know a book that can help you with your problem - it's called "101 Delicious and Easy Rabbit Recipes"

Your bunny may be hearing a high-pitched sound from the fan that you can't hear -- a rabbit's hearing range goes much higher than a human's. It could be painful to him. Perhaps a different fan would be okay.

Get a heavy blanket to put over his hutch so he won't hear it, or get a quieter fan.

I was gonna suggest a blanket over his cage too :)

he might be sensitive to the sound. I think certain sounds can be highly irritating to rabbits die to their hearing

purplemonkey 7

Oh for crying out loud get a fan without blades then

Get a cardboard box, flip it upside down, cut a hole in the corner large enough for your bunny to fit, and he'll go in there to sleep, and the fan won't bother him there. Bunnies like to hide in small places, probably because they're preyed animals. I've had a bunny for two years and I'm finally starting to figure out what he likes.

Squidgegg 4

Just get rid of the rabbit. They stink anyway, who wants to keep one in a studio apartment, ew.

Actually, it’s a myth that rabbits stink. I have a bunny and she never had any bad smells coming from her or her cage if you clean the cage regularly alike with any animal. If you smell a bunny they actually have a real-time nice smell to them. They also are very clean pets and clean themselves as much as a cat if not more than a cat. Bunnies are the best pets anyone could have. I am glad that I got one.

So, rabbits are diurnal, meaning they sleep in the middle of the day and are up at dawn and dusk. So your sleep schedule isn't the same as bunny's anyway. There are soem good options here, such as trying a different fan (to see if its the noise bothering him) or giving him a box hideaway (to see if it's the wind movement). Why do you need the fan? Is it teh white noise? There are apps that might sub better and not bother bunny.

try putting your bunnie in the bathroom at night away from your fan to cause less stress on the animal and still have your fan on at night