By Thanksalot - 30/11/2013 05:58 - United States - Edinburg

Spicy
Today, I'm staying with my in-laws. My husband is fighting with his dad, who's fighting with his brother-in-law, who's fighting with his wife. The only ones not fighting are my sister-in-law and her boyfriend, who're getting along great on a squeaky mattress in the room next to mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 534
You deserved it 4 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it could be worse, you could be properly related

Maybe it's time for you to go and fight with your sister-in-law and her boyfriend? At least you will get some sleep then

Comments

Happy days are here again! I feel sorry that most of your in-laws are fighting.

What started this fighting? Is it the silent treatment fighting or if her hausbsnd sees his dad hes going to punch him?

it could be worse, you could be properly related

Time to get out of there OP and maybe get a motel. You shouldn't have to be put in this stressful environment just because it's your husband's family. That's not fair on you.

They're married, so, it isn't unfair. They are one family.

To be fair, she married him, not his family. I'm all for solidarity and a good relationship with the relatives, but there are different situations, in many families it's impossible to get along.

24 - to also be fair she did willingly take the journey to the in-laws with him as well to be put in that environment. ;)

Maybe it's time for you to go and fight with your sister-in-law and her boyfriend? At least you will get some sleep then

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

Or propose a three-some... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

perdix 29

#6, I agree, the OP can get in some "sexy time" and a hole new series of fights can begin.

Just goes to show ya, marriage isn't always the way! Clearly her sister-in-law is happier with her boyfriend!

Just because she slept with him doesn't necessarily mean she'll leave her husband for him. It's sex, not anything serious.

#39 Who says OPs sister in law is married? It is probably OPs husbands sister, and nowhere in the FML does it say she is married.

Or maybe Op's sister in law was fighting her boyfriend. Op just couldn't hear the muffled screams over the squeaky mattress.

I'm really confused. I think I half get it though... So what are they all fighting about? What's the center point?!

I think its probably safe to assume we know what kind of pie the boyfriend ate that night for Thanksgiving.

Isn't it wonderful how holidays bring families together?

Family feuds during holiday season are pretty common I guess, good luck though.