By :/ - 30/01/2016 07:45 - United States - Gilbert

Today, I'm so broke, I walked into a nursing home and pretended to be a gentleman's son just so I could get some free food "for him". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 006
You deserved it 6 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you at least give the elderly man some company while you were there? He probably forgets who his grandkids are anyway. ;) OP, in no way do you deserve this. Getting out of a hole when you can barely feed yourself is hard. But if I can do it you can too. Just don't give up working for what you deserve out of life!

don't worry OP, your time will come! Stay focused and positive and things will eventually go your way.

Comments

don't worry OP, your time will come! Stay focused and positive and things will eventually go your way.

We're all humans, we all make dicey decisions. We're not proud of all of them but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Might want to try rereading the FML; Op is not elderly, nor were they at McDonalds.

Did you at least give the elderly man some company while you were there? He probably forgets who his grandkids are anyway. ;) OP, in no way do you deserve this. Getting out of a hole when you can barely feed yourself is hard. But if I can do it you can too. Just don't give up working for what you deserve out of life!

You can always donate blood for money if you're in a tight spot.

bearbear120 27

Wouldn't that not be donating if your getting paid for it?

I guess. They still call it donating though. Semantics.

Exactly. You're paid for your time.

You can donate blood for money? Here in Canada, all we get is juice and cookies.

DrownedMyFish 18

We can trade, #22. I'm willing to take juice and cookies as a payment. If only the tax collectors were as willing.....

Juice and cookies for blood in the U.S. too, but you can get paid for plasma.

When I donate I get a Chipotle gift card each time. It started out that you got a T-shirt, then they changed it to the chipotle gift cards (I think they have other ones depending on where they go sometimes). At the end of the year you get a gift card (credit card type) with a set amount depending on how many times you have donated in that year. I don't have the info near me or I could give more details about it, but they've done that for a while too. This is in Ohio.

#22 you get a juice box and cookie? I only ever get a thank you lol

Although I don't necessarily like the thought of lying to get food, I get that sometimes you have to choose survival first and foremost. Just keep your head up, OP. If you think positive and try your best, things will get better in due time.

In the UK we have food banks where you get a voucher from a social worker or Citizen's Advice Bureau and are given three day's worth of food for you and your family. There might be something similar in America. There is no shame in it, life happens and it is very easy to get into a situation where you have no food so these sort of things can be really helpful.

Our food banks all you have to do is show up.

Our's is the same - if you need food, you need food. But if people show up all the time without a voucher then we set rules and structures in place, say 'come in for a cuppa but unless you have a voucher we can't give out food.' We also don't turn people away just because they've been there more than 3 times a year unless they come all the time. :)

I'm deeply sorry OP for what you have to go through. Times are tough now but hopefully you can pull through and get back up. There are oppurtunities every corner you take, don't miss your chance! Good luck OP, I sincerely hope you make it.

next time you go pretend you work there and you might get a job