By Anonymous - 02/04/2016 03:01 - United States - Fremont

Today, I left my daughter with a babysitter for the first time. When I came home, my microwave was ruined because they had attempted to heat cans of Play-Doh as a science experiment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 260
You deserved it 1 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a ******* idiot! Everybody knows you heat Play-Doh in MUGS, not cans!

Comments

Sounds bad but it's really rare to find an older person to babysit that can play with kids like a kids. Sure, the microwave thing sucks but it may be worth it to keep the baby sitter around just because she gets along with your daughter so well.

I think the safety of the child (as well as the house and its contents) are more important. Sure, this time they just made a mess. Next time they could very easily start a fire. And, actually, there are a lot of good babysitters, who get along well with kids, who aren't safety hazards.

I would suggest you find a different babysitter. And warn all your friends and neighbors that this one is an idiot who will ruin their appliances.

Good thing nothing caught fire! Wonder what smells worse: burnt play doh or melted plastic from the cans.

Not only should we preform background checks for babysitters, but we should also make them take IQ tests.

DespicableDez 7

Better that than vegging out. Science rules!

takeittoem 8

I'm sorry, but how did this ruin the microwave? Were the cans metal? If all that happened was that the cans melted onto the glass turntable, you can probably get it clean with acetone.

Depending on how old your daughter is, I kind of love your babysitter!