By Anon127 - 12/06/2012 02:40 - United States - Taunton

Today, I learned that instead of training my cat, she has been training me. She now refuses to drink anything but running tap water, and yowls loudly early in the morning at my bedroom door to be fed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 291
You deserved it 8 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I prefer elephants. They paint you pictures, share your love for peanuts, can carry you around effortlessly, and can even spray you with water on hot days. Besides, no one will pick a fight with you. That bumper sticker that says "Bitch, I have an elephant" tells everyone that you mean business.

Comments

Ydi for giving in and showing the cat that it's okay. Your own fault.

At least she's just crying outside your door. My cat will open my bedroom door in the middle of the night if he's hungry.

Lizza330 28

My kitty does that too kind of. She always tries to eat my food. When I'm eating, she sits next to me and tries to get on the table to eat my food. And if I leave my glass of water on the table alone for a minute and come back she's drinking out of it. And she will meow at my door at any time of day when she wants food. And she won't stop until she gets it. She's very loud. My mom wants to get rid of her, but that's not going to happen. My other kitty is much better though. :)

you seriously need to train your cat. that is just gross. he/she needs to learn that it is unacceptable to get up on the table and drink out of your glass or try and eat off your plate. I don't care if I get thumbed down. that's just bad ownership if you let your cat do things like that.

Lizza330 28

I know, but my mom won't go for it.

Nothing will stop my cats from jumping on the table when no one's there, and sometimes, they don't care if they have an audience. Because what are we going to do to them? One of them can't be punished because he's a psychotic wreck, and if you punish one, the other suffers.

Ninjasaurus18 9

Get rid of your mom, since she sounds like an idiot.

Actually, cats domesticated humans. Back in the day, THEY chose us.

Nowadays it's only the wand that chooses us.

Wand? You lost me there. Are you talking about Harry Potter?

Wait your name is br0ccoli but your picture is a rose!?!?

42-yeah, I considered changing my avatar, but this rose is so darn pretty.

You can't train cats. That why people love cats, for their individuality. YDI, you should've known better...

yes, you can train cats. It's true they tend to be stubborn, but with a cat repetition and simple environment changes are all it takes. This is why I never have to worry about a litterbox since both my cats actually use the toilet.

If she's thirsty enough, she'll drink what is in the bowl. And you can change her eating habits too. Every animal can become spoiled if they're not trained properly. ***And I know people that own /dogs/ that refuse to eat their dog food unless it's laced with table scraps. So even dogs owner have the same issues at times.

weasel123 9

Oh, the joys of cat ownership. You're lucky she even lets you live in the house.

I couldn't understand. I have a piggy :3

I have 3 pet chickens! Farm animals FTW!!!

uumlaut_strohson 3
blacksswan 10

For those of you who say "eww I hate cats, dogs are better." grow up! Don't judge an animal if you never had any interaction with it. You have to own one to be saying stuff like that. Second OP it's time you show the cat who is the boss. Put your cat in a separate room at night with food, water, litter box and toys so she/he won't bother you so early in the morning. Garage, laundry room, bathroom or an empty room will work. I was lucky enough to have empty room so I turned into my cats room. And if you have a problem with running tap water buy your cat a small water fountain from petco or petsmart. They are not that expensive. I would put everything in my cats room and when I would go to bed I would put her in the room. Leave a window open, and put a night light on. She had everything in there she needed (water, food, toys, litter box) I slept peacefully every day cause she got used to the routine of knowing I will let her out first thing in the morning when I am up.

Our cats used to sleep in their own room. Now they sleep with me, because otherwise, one of them has a nervous fit and makes himself vomit, and they can't stand being separated. So they stay.

Ninjasaurus18 9

My dog would have slept in his kennel peacefully. My cat has to sleep with me, on my pillow every night. I don't even like cats, and I'm allergic to their hair. I have an assortment of curtains for a door.

The water fountain is a great idea. I have one for my pets. Keeps the water from getting dirty cause it gets run through filters. My cats love it and my dog can't swim in it like he does with normal water bowls. We originally got it because it sat a bit higher and my other dog that I recently lost was old and arthritic. She didn't have to lean down for it. And as a bonus for me, I like the water fountain sound it makes. It is pretty relaxing. My husband decided the other month to put down a more traditional water dish cause we were out of filters. The cats refused to drink it and the husky took his front paws and splashed the contents on the floor. It was pretty funny.

If you give an animal it's own room you clearly have issues. Domestic Animals are secondary to humans. They don't obey because you do stupid things like give them rooms and tend to their every want. My dog has adapted to my lifestyle, he gets fed at appropriate times, he does not go into a room before me because I'm the alpha, he does what he is told and all without having to discipline, he is probably the happiest animal I have ever seen. If you can't figure out how to properly train an animal (ie without belting it or it making you its bitch) then you shouldn't have a pet.