By Sheliton - 18/01/2012 01:39 - United States

Today, I learned how awful intertrigo smells. I spent a ton of money and years of my life to become a health care provider apparently to treat the yeast infection between an obese woman's fat folds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 403
You deserved it 5 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uncertain on how to vote here, on one hand that sucks, but then again it is a job you trained for. Actually, I made up my mind. You became a health care provider by choice, and by obviously knowing it wasn't all going to be sunshine, rainbows, and unicorn farts.

Charge an extra fee per fold for the emotional trauma

Comments

I wish I had not searched that. :( Now I will forever have that terrible picture in my mind forever.

XxDancerGirlxX 17

As an RN, I feel your disgust!

cheesiestcake 1
donnasaur 1

Would you prefer that she stay home and let it worsen and suffer? Or just that you only be assigned the nice tidy cases, the slim white upper-class patients with private insurance? On my first day of nursing school, the instructor got up and told us that if we had ever considered ourselves superior to another human for any reason, health care was not the field for us. I wish someone had told you that.

No sympathy. This is what you signed for. You are absolutely going to encounter worse things. Get out now and go into something that doesn't involve patient care like research or case management if you can't handle it- I speak from 15 years of nursing experience. (And I still find it fascinating, rewarding, frustrating and never dull. If you can hang in there though, and keep your compassion, you will build up an immunity to most of the truly awful things you will encounter.) Just my 2 cents.

I could only imagine you lifting each fold *vomit*

I see your intertrigo and raise you a gangrenous buttock ulcer that ruptures. In the back of a moving ambulance.