By Blurry - 30/09/2009 19:30 - Philippines

Today, I joined a small disaster relief group. I remarked to the big, long-haired person beside me that it was surprising that I was the only female in the group. I got a cold stare. Later I asked another volunteer about that person. He answered, "Oh, her? She's my sister." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 243
You deserved it 39 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I sometimes can't tell the difference between the genders if it's like a really manly girl (hair, really big, deep voice, short hair) or a girly boy (high voice, thin, long hair, feminine face), so you don't deserve it. Seriously though, why'd she just stare at you? Couldn't she have said something? Like, "Actually, I'm a girl."? It would've clarified the situation immediately, and you two might even have a laugh over it.

I disagree. When you're unsure of someone's gender, you should avoid making comments like "I'm the only girl". A better comment would have been, "I'm surprised there aren't more girls here!"

Comments

slightlyspiteful 2

Why all the YDI's? It's hard to tell the gender of some people. I mean it is wrong to assume but the poster was probably nervous and didn't think first. It's understandable. Poster - That really does suck. FYL

This is fake, i was moderating fmls and the same exact one came just from the girl who looked like a guys point of view

scottlavon2013 0

ha. my brother left himself logged in on here..... and it can be soo hard to tell to the point where you don't THINK its a guy. she must've looked at her and like been sure she was a guy. otherwise i doubt she woulda said anything.

birds_fml 7

That's so bad. I totally empathize. One time, I was told to let a customer into the bathroom (we had them locked at this store), and the person was pretty big, and had their hair pulled back and was dressed in manly clothes. I unlocked the men's room (not even a doubt in my mind it was a man), and as she walked in, I saw her hair was done up fancy so it was DEFINITELY not a guy! I just ran away, and I guess she used the men's room to avoid causing a scene. SOOOOO embarrassing! It's not your fault you can't tell what gender they are, and it's not really their fault either that they look so ambiguous, since most people assume it's obvious that they are male or female.

rachaelxlove 0

How is this her fault? Some girls look like guys. The end. FYL's for being so idiotic. And it's in plain English. Go back to school if you can't understand it clearly.

Astronomical 0

Small disaster relief group... So does that mean you're going to give this big chick a make-over?

iSmellNice 2

Too many FMLs recently about people making incorrect gender assumptions.

mdjn09 0

hot girl who loves to **** call 18183917067