By AussieG75 - 21/07/2012 04:48 - United States - Saint Augustine

Today, I heard screaming coming from my neighbor's house. Since her husband has a history of abusing her, I called the cops. After they left with him in custody, she called to yell at me because they were "working things out" after "having a few drinks". FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 374
You deserved it 2 545

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatpeachyperson 12

It's couples like them that makes me lose hope in marriage

Comments

You did the right thing. Sadly, given her reaction, she'll probably just take him back after he gets out of jail.

Boob_fml 6

My work experience says she will bond him out within 1 hour.

KM96 24

You do the best thing you could, trying to help her :) even though she didn't agree with it

Fine, since she doesn't appreciate it be a mean bitch next time and put on earplugs. Enjoy your book throughout the entire episode of him beating the crap out of her next time they "drink a little".

dmblonde 13

So you're saying that it's ok for that woman to get beat?

35- I don't care about the gender of who's being abused; man, woman, senior, or child. Still doesn't make it right for anyone to beat someone they have "power" over. :(

I know it sounds bad, but I sort of agree with 13. In Louisiana cops will not always arrests the abuser because their other half will most likely not press charges, so they claim "it's wasting their time". I called the cops a few times because I heard my neighbor crying and banging, the man yelling at her very meanly, and all I got was my house broken into and my dog killed... I mean, after that I pressed charges and thankfully he's in jail now. But then that caused some more problems, and gods be thanked! She moved, and it was over. RIP Lily :(

*checks URL* Uh, yes it is. Since you're new here, here's a hint: the mods don't like it when commenters say things like that. They tend to either ban those users or shove large blunt objects up their asses. So either shut up or bend over.

dmblonde 13

I think he better just bend over and get it over with.

It's not an FML when somebody yells at you after you save them from their abusive spouse? Please keep this kind of crap to yourself.

Op, you may have been chewed out by your neighbour, but considering the history of abuse and the screaming, without a doubt in my mind, you did the right thing. She might be pissed with you for now, but what if he killed her? IMHO, ignoring violence in society and being apathetic to it, is a mental sickness. No body should tolerate and accept the (repeated) abusive of another. :( Well done, Op.

That's true. OP, check their house for hidden caches of weapons!

Don't worry, you did the right thing.

They arrested him for a reason, don't worry. You did the right thing.

Your heart was in the right place. I would have done the same thing

Any man who abuses a woman is not a man. Period. And any woman who stays with such a man needs a self-esteem transplant. "But he really loves me, he just has trouble showing it!" or "He only hits me when he drinks!" are poor excuses. There's no need to defend these pathetic shitstains. You should be proud of yourself for calling, and ultimately the wife will appreciate it.

It's a difficult situation to be in. Abusive relationships develop through slow escalation. The relationship starts out perfectly normal, then when he becomes secure in the relationship he starts controlling her in non-violent ways, such as manipulating her emotionally using guilt tactics, threatening to break up with her, twisting things around to make her the bad guy, lying to her, and threatening to leave her. Then that will escalate to intimidation, by yelling or glaring, perhaps even breaking or throwing things. Eventually he'll become physically aggressive but not actually hurt her, by pushing and shoving. Then one day he actually hits her, but it didn't hurt that bad, and he just let his temper get away from him. It didn't even leave a bruise. He's really apologetic about it, perhaps he even cries out of guilt. She's sure it won't happen again. The next time he does leave a bruise, but it's just a tiny little bruise, and again he's very sorry about it. Then it just gets worse and worse from there until it's full on beating, but he's always remorseful and he assures her he loves her. She remembers when he was different and thinks he can be that man again, but he can't. If he were to best her early on in the relationship, yes most any woman would leave him, but it's never like that.

killer6969 16

Exactly without woman in our life's We wouldn't be a alive.. So any man who thinks he is above woman are idiots and it is actually the other Way around