By rocard - 21/09/2010 20:56 - Israël

Today, I heard a conversation between my mom and dad. I’m an only child but my mom is 5 months pregnant. My dad was saying, “Don’t worry, this one’s going to be alright.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 663
You deserved it 56

Top comments

Maybe your mom has had miscarriages, and this had nothing to do with you. Or maybe you had a health scare in the beginning?

As a pregnant mother of 1, I immediately read that as concerns over pregnancy itself, and/or the actual labor and delivery. your parents obviously love you enough to let you stick around!

Comments

my husband said that to me a few times. you don't now if your mom has had miscarriages or not so don't look too much into it.

sailorarctic 22

I have to agree with many others posting before me, it was probably because of miscarriages or possible scare they had with you at birth. I know I had to tell my family multiple times that I would be alright because a week before I was due we lost a very close family friend to a blood clot after her labor. Then during labor I hemmorhaged and needed emergency surgey. While they prepped me I again told my mother and husband I would be fine. Point is don't look too deep into it OP, there's a lot of unspoken anxiety when it comes to child bearing.

It could be that there was a pregnancy you don't know about. She may have miscarried then so they are concerned about this pregnancy. If it bothers you very much, talk to them about what you overheard. You may or may not like what you hear, but at least you won't worry about it anymore.

hookumsnivy 6

Maybe she has a history of miscarriages?

darkfalling1 1

Consider OP... this could be a rainbow baby. As in, they had a previous miscarriage (early or late in pregnancy) that they never told you about... and that's what the reassurance was about.

He was likely commenting on the pregnancy itself. If you're old enough to be writing on this website, it's been a while since Mom was pregnant. High risk comes with the age of the mother.

Maybe it was an hard birth on her and that's it

Why are you the only person who has put his flag up? I understand Israel is a brutal and cruel occupier and has been so for decades so please stop trying to normalise your evil little country.

It could be anything though...maybe you were not a easy birth...and they're hoping this one will...?

Maybe there was a miscarriage they never told you about. I'm sure they wouldn't have meant you.