By Anonymous - 23/08/2013 21:58 - Mexico

Today, I have to get an ultrasound at the hospital. In order to get a clear picture, I need to have a full bladder. I've been waiting my turn for 2 hours now, desperately needing to pee. There are still multiple patients ahead of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 778
You deserved it 3 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would say to try and pee just a little bit, but peeing can feel so good sometimes that I know you wouldn't be able to stop.

Omg! I did this same test twice. It is pure torture! One time I ended up pulling over halfway to the test and running to some bushes to pee because I couldn't hold it any longer.

Comments

I have had the same thing done. I even went and snuck a small pee before I went in. Then asked the nurse if I could go because it hurt, she gave me a small cup and said fill it up three times. I did and it was hard to stop. She let me go once more after that. I went in to see the tech and he told me to let out about ten more ! After that I had problems with my bladder for about a year and could not hold without pain and needed to go all the time. Needless to say, if it hurts ask for a cup and go pee!!

I hate that...I had to do the same thing twice when I had kidney stones

I know exactly how you feel. I needed to do that once and I was so dehydrated I drank 11/2 L. When I finally had to go, I really had TO GO. I had to wait 30mins

I had to do that when they checked me for cyst. It was the worst experience ever.

Been there. The nurse told me I could 'let a little bit out' as if thats helpful.

For those saying 'let a little out, then stop' can I say that after three children this is nigh on impossible. It's either all in or all out. Also IF OP is pregnant then It's very uncomfortable having a sonographer press down on your uterus as it in turn presses on your full bladder. By the way, the scans are done at 12 weeks ( full bladder required) and 20 weeks providing all is sound. If dates are unknown then it's a dating scan as soon as known. Again full bladder required. ( it raises the uterus so it can be seen easier). I'm in the uk so don't know if it changes in the US or elsewhere.

WantsHazzasGravy 11

That happened to my mom not too long ago. I had to go with her and she ended up cancelling her appointment because she couldn't hold it in.

I am an ultrasound tech and in the defense of the hospital, the bladder does have to be full to capacity to push the uterus into the field of view and create an acoustic window for the sound waves to travel through. It is unfortunate that they got behind on patients but if they were that far behind it was probably because they found something really bad on a prior patient that needed more time than what was given for that specific exam. Good for you for following directions. Where I work the directions are given to the person when they make the appointment and they are reminded the day before when the appointment is verified. Drink 32oz of water one hour before the exam. Simple enough yet nobody does it. It is a waste of their time and mine.

I have had them check me withthe ultrasound and they had to have me go pee because my bladder wAs too full. My bladder ended up filling up again very fast and i inly drank the recomended 32oz