By bad boss - 03/04/2018 01:30

Today, I had to reprimand an employee for her bad attitude and terrible work performance. She went to HR and said I harassed her for being gay. Guess who they believed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 869
You deserved it 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't surprise me. Make sure you documented all instances of her poor attitude as proof for why you reprimanded her. Cover your ass from the false discrimination allegations. It is becoming more common place for people to do such things.

Hellblazer_Sith 25

Sadly nowadays you need proof to back you up. Sounds like something that would happen in my old workplace.

Comments

Lobby_Bee 17

Sadly, everybody should have body cams on them during work hours. Too many pieces of shit being bred into society and we can't trust anyone on their words anymore.

Yup, because that’s what we need: universal surveillance. It’s fine if the big, bad, scary government isn’t doing it, right? (Not like the big corporations haven’t been doing that for decades now and one company felt like they could impose their will on one of the top 10 largest economies in the world 6 years ago or anything, right?)

Mungolikecandy 19

I presume you had evidence of both the things you reprimanded her for?

Entitled prick. I’ve long supported the LGBT community, but these people ruin it for those that want to live like anyone else and just love who they want. Sorry OP, try and get well documented proof to cover your ass.

Same thing happened to me, delivery driver claimed I called her a Dike because she had a bad attitude and was banging into shelving units in my store. Luckily for me, I always had another manager attend and witness ALL reprimands. She was reassigned to another store. And I was cleared of ANY wrong doing.

Do you have evidence of her poor performance and attitude? If so, you should be able to bring it to HR.

onceuponatime456 16

HR has become a joke! They are usually social justice warriors who think they are important! It used to takes years in a company to work in the Personnel Department (HR) but now all it takes is a paper mill diploma and no experience! Most HR people are ******* useless!

Well either you have proof or you don't. If you don't have any proof then it is totally okay for her to ask herself if there are any non-work-related problems you have with her. You are still on top since it is very easy to proof terrible work performance but it is extremely hard to proof discrimination. That's why they believe her at the beginning and try to investigate.