By ava_henryy - 30/04/2013 08:04 - United States - Moses Lake

Today, I had to be rushed to the hospital when I started sneezing uncontrollably and got a huge rash. It turns out I'm highly allergic to a chemical in most cleaning supplies. Great. I just got a job as a house cleaner for a very rich family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 376
You deserved it 3 029

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Surely you would already know this from being in buildings which use said supplies?

twilightriforce 10

Just wear a mask and cover all extremities when cleaning. If that still doesn't help, sadly you may need to look for a new line of work. Good luck OP. :)

Comments

aleahlioness 15

They might be more expensive, but look for lots of cleaning supplies like natural ones (if that'll help) without the chemical. Sorry OP. :/ Good luck!!

SwtCherryPie 26

You could wear gloves and a surgeons mask (if it irritates your lungs.) Just a suggestion. That should prevent most contact with the chemicals and solve your problem.

Use natural cleaning agents like vinegar, lemon juice, and spearmint or eucalyptus based oils. Chemicals are dangerous even if you're not allergic to them. You, the family, and their home will be better off if chemical cleaners are avoided.

Wear a gas mask and rubber gloves. Problem solved. You should have already been doing so.

They say you'll have an ****** if you sneeze enough times consistently! So... Is this true?

loulumpkin 8

Wear a face mask! Wow, that was easy.

misataylor86 10

You could always make your own. Good luck OP

TimmaysRoXy 9

Ask your doctor for suggestions.

Look up a company called melaluca... natural cleaning supplies. ..... tea tree oil. Used to work for them. Still a customer...

Perhaps it's time to study up on historical, non-toxic cleaning agents.