By cali - 24/11/2010 06:08 - United States

Today, I had just finished writing my rough draft essay, so I went to sit by the pond. A giant moth suddenly flew down and attacked me, causing me to drop my binder in the pond, ruining the essay. I discovered in the aftermath that the moth was actually a leaf. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 892
You deserved it 33 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Too bad it was just a leaf though, because if it was in fact a moth, then your actions would have been totally justified and understandable.

Where did you write the essay -indoors? Why did you then take it by the pond? YDI.

Comments

Why didn't you use a computer to write/print the essay?

Because her laptop got ruined when she threw it in the pond the last time a butterfly ''viciously attacked her''.

It does suck (I would have the same reaction to anything that I perceived as being a spider heading toward me, but moths are almost as bad). The bright side - at least it was a binder that went into the water and not a laptop. :)

Perhaps it was required to hand-write it, it's not uncommon in certain areas really.

Catcherchick94 0

yeah my rough drafts have to be hand written

Bathory_fml 0
ujonesy 0

I'm glad I'm not the only who thought that. haha.

If you have a fear of moths, any motion toward you can seem like an attack.

But most people with irrational fears still have enough sanity to avoid claiming a moth ''attacked'' them as they know no such thing ever happened.

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon. Calvin is wanting Hobbes to jump into a huge pile of leaves and Hobbes mentions there are probably dozens of slugs under the leaves waiting to crawl up Calvins pant legs. Then Calvin is seen jumping out of the pile exclaiming there is always something in nature waiting to sting or ooze on you to ruin your day lol

There's nothing wrong with handwriting essays. Nothing wrong with sitting by the pond. There's nothing wrong with being freaked out by a leaf you thought was a moth. These things happen. The reason this is YDI is that word "went". You finished your essay and WENT to the pond. Why the hell did you take your binder with you? But also, that does suck, so FYL.