By Needsanewjob - 10/01/2012 15:34 - United States

Today, I guess I accidentally left Facebook open on my work computer while I went to the bathroom, because my boss updated my status to "Unemployed." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 506
You deserved it 55 411

Same thing different taste

Top comments

desireev 17

One of the first things an employer of an office environment will tell you is "Stay off of Facebook!" Sorry, OP.. But YDI. You knew it was a rule and you broke it.

Comments

Fragmonto 5

You deserved it for using Facebook in the first place.

brookemurray17 5

Smart man. Did he change your status to "Pack your desk?"

most companies block those sites now ... but just cause you can doesn't mean you should

theonlysweetpea 10

Who says he wasn't on break? Everyone is assuming that he was wasting company time when he might have been on lunch/smoke/regular break...

meggy2010 5

He still shouldn't have been on facebook on a COMPANY computer for serval reasons. It doesn't matter if it was on a break or not, if they have a policy against using your company computer for personal things they can fire you all they want. Also, you have to think about hackers and virus. I know at my high school all the computers in classrooms were linked so if one had a virus it could be transferred to the teachers computer and other computers too. And think about it, what kinda damage can a hacker could do if they got into a company computer? Alot.

Jazzalyn 10

I have to lol at OP's boss' method of firing him =p. And throw in a YDI too.

upsidedownfrownn 5

I never laughed so hard, thats epic. Computergenaration ftw!

that's what you get when your boss is an ass:D