By Anonymous - 09/07/2016 21:22

Today, I got pulled over and was given a ticket because my exhaust was too loud. I got this ticket while on my way to get said exhaust fixed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 284
You deserved it 1 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On the bright side, they'll probably waive the ticket once they know you got it fixed. Still inconvenient though

Comments

So take it to court. It'll be revoked in less than 5 minutes if you have proof of the repair.

You should have asked if you could receive a fix-it ticket. They give you a certain amount of time to fix the problem and you provide proof when the problem is fixed. The ticket gets erased from your file then and you receive no charge or penalty.

zebra3_fml 7

******* cops can't act with decency. unless you were rude.

I deliberately have a loud exhaust on my motorbike so no-one can use the excuse "I didn't hear him coming" if they hit me. The only time I've been pulled over for it was when an officer wanted to ask how much it cost, because he wanted one for his GSXR. It seems like the officer who pulled you over was having a crappy day.

If you show the receipts and present it in court they will waive that ticket

I would fight it, and wouldn't stop till I exhausted all my options.

Just tell the cops that you are overcompensating, just like all those loud bikers.

Contest it in writing and provide evidence of your appointment to get it fixed and your receipt. You should be fine. What a dick cop though

Go get it fixed, and you may not even need to go to court to get it waived. Show up at the police station in the town and show that you got the repair done, and they may just remove it!

In most states, that would be a "repair and report" ticket. You get your muffler fixed and go to the courthouse to show them that it is fixed. Nothing more needs to be done. Hopefully you are in one of those states.