By oooooopss - 01/04/2012 06:44 - United States - Portland

Today, I got into my car and it wouldn't start. I noticed I had left the lights on and assumed the battery was dead. Then, I couldn't get my key out of the ignition. So, I called AAA only to have the guy put my car in park and start the engine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 867
You deserved it 29 493

Same thing different taste

Comments

I know how you feel, op. I once spent a long time trying to get my key out I the ignition when I got home, only to realize it was still in drive...

I knew what the issue was when I started reading, lol....it's happened to many in the past, don't feel bad

This is why people should drive manuals. Automatic transmission seems to make people lazy.

^ While I do agree with you, it's not automatics that annoy me as much as the cars that can parallel park themselves: If you have a hard time with that skill already, I don't see how this helps you improve it with every other car out there. :p Just makes you dependent on your car to park for you as well. That, is lazy, IMHO.

LesCDeal 6

I hate those! And parallel parking isn't that difficult to begin with. You just have to know where the pivot point of your vehicle is. I learned that on the first day in driver's ed. One of these days, people will only know how to drive in a straight line, and be totally unaware of the good feeling you get when you parallel park your car in a tight space. Love that feeling! One thing I found funny was that I had an easier time parallel parking my old Ford Explorer (first car) than I do my Mazda 3 sedan. I guess it's because it's easier to judge where the rear of the vehicle is (Ford Explorer: back window = bumper. Sedan: Back window = ehhhh maybe two feet ish). It just makes a little more guesswork.

jennt89 10

I've done the same thing lol.

perdix 29

Perhaps you ought to trade your AAA membership for one in AA.

LesCDeal 6

This has less to do with manual vs automatic and more to do with having good problem solving skills vs being mechanically inept. It doesn't matter what you drive -- KNOW YOUR VEHICLE!!!

I have the feeling I'm gonna encounter a LOT of those situations in the future...brrr

Good thing you were parked on a flat surface! Lol. YDI!