By darksaber522 - 25/11/2015 21:40 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, my boss fired three of the four other people who were going to work with me on Black Friday in my department. Now it's just me and a new hire. My boss doesn't see a problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 325
You deserved it 1 525

darksaber522 tells us more.

darksaber522 12

OP here. They mouthed off to the manager + frequently missed shifts, so they won't be missed (except tomorrow)

Top comments

Your boss will see the problem if you happen to come down with a quick case of "food poisoning" and can't make it to work. Good luck!

Wizardo 33

Here layeth OP, a brave and unfortunate soul. RIP.

Comments

Your boss will see the problem if you happen to come down with a quick case of "food poisoning" and can't make it to work. Good luck!

I love this idea. Yes, it's completely unethical and wrong, but the thought of op's boss getting what he deserves and dealing with the huge mess he made makes me smile. *evil grin* Maybe he'll learn to treat his employees better if he realizes just what it is they have to deal with. He shouldn't dish it out if he can't take it himself. *insert evil laugh here*

She should talk the new hire into the game too by saying they both went out to eat and contracted the same virus

Wizardo 33

Here layeth OP, a brave and unfortunate soul. RIP.

MonstreBelle 28

How did they even make it into a management position without the common sense required to see the glaringly obvious problem they're creating?

I'm wondering why they were fired. It's pretty concerning when multiple employees are all fired at the same time. On the contrary, OP, if your boss doesn't see a problem with having only two people work on Black Friday, you should call off right before your shift and see how your boss will manage with the new hire.

Nope, OP has to work, his/her boss is off until Monday. That's what I call "A smart Evil Boss." Good luck OP.

33, How do you know op's boss is off until Monday? You don't.

MonstreBelle 28

22- I'd like to know why OP's co-workers were fired too

This was written in Ontario, Canada. Thanksgiving in Canada is in October, so we definitely don't get Thursday or Friday off. And Black Friday isn't anywhere near as big a thing in Canada. It's been semi-adopted from the states, but Boxing Day is still the bigger sales.

I work at a casino and on holidays my boss takes the week off

I don't see the problem of how he became a manager. He has all the right quilities like being a dick,and not caring about your opinion.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

The worst case and best example of retail hell.

All you can do is train them up as much as you can before the date (and pray they are quick learners).

TweetAnne 13

It's tomorrow or later today beep ending on where OP works.

8, usually FML's are submitted a couple of days before they're published, so OP probably had a couple days before today to strategize prior to battle.

That is precisely....what happens to employees who are too much honest and hardworking

Be aware, he might fire you after you teaching him.

Gear up, fasten your seatbelt and get ready to rumble.