By Anonymous - 25/03/2015 12:23 - United States - Woodbridge

Today, I got fired for having a visible tattoo on my neck. The tattoo in question is a scar from a surgery I had 2 months ago. The same one paid for by my employer's insurance and missed 2 weeks of work for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 332
You deserved it 2 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Charles900 16

How can they possibly be dumb enough to mistake that for a tattoo? Even if they had a rule, your boss had no right to fire you for a surgical scar. If you have to, you can sue for wrongful termination.

josiemorehouse 12

That's not right, OP. That's a wrongful termination. You can obviously prove it's a scar rather than a tattoo. Depending on where you live, you should fight it!!

Comments

I am sorry you have had to endure this when you are still recovering. I had a thyroidectomy 2 years ago... And the scar is really prominent. I get asked if someone tried to slit my throat. Among other ignorant remarks. With time your scar will blend away! But until then, even in an at will state, seek council with the unemployment office and other services your taxes pay for. Claiming unemployment and wrongful termination will require your former employer to pay for your employment benefits. So stick it to him where it counts... In the wallet. Good luck! .

Talk to a lawyer. You may have a case here.

Delsanity 13

Wow that some new level of stupid , to mistake a scar for a tattoo. zzzz

outsidehitter7 9

If u tell them it's a scar and they don't listen, u could probably sue them. Haha!

What?! Either you must have had a very creative surgeon or your boss is a moron. I have never seen a scar that looks like a tattoo. Hopefully this should be easy to fight.

Dick for brains haha humans are stupid I swear! ? SMH