By Anonymous - 25/03/2015 12:23 - United States - Woodbridge

Today, I got fired for having a visible tattoo on my neck. The tattoo in question is a scar from a surgery I had 2 months ago. The same one paid for by my employer's insurance and missed 2 weeks of work for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 332
You deserved it 2 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Charles900 16

How can they possibly be dumb enough to mistake that for a tattoo? Even if they had a rule, your boss had no right to fire you for a surgical scar. If you have to, you can sue for wrongful termination.

josiemorehouse 12

That's not right, OP. That's a wrongful termination. You can obviously prove it's a scar rather than a tattoo. Depending on where you live, you should fight it!!

Comments

I would call your HR and then contact an attorney.

gobiteme2 34

Tattoo the company with a lawsuit

Sue for wrongful termination. Anyone with a brain would not mistake a surgical scar for a tattoo.

Not right and you likely could fight. Besides firing someone for tattoos or scars visible or not is unprofessional

You should be able to sue over wrongful termination. A scar and a tattoo are nowhere close to the same thing. If they were aware of your surgery, they should know very well that you also carry a scar. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Why do so many employers do something that stupid? It would be perfectly legal to fire you for literally no reason. Yet they often make up an illegal reason. When my GF was fired for being bisexual, they at least made up impossible to disprove complaints to forestall lawsuits.

you can take this to court discimition