By TheVengefulGeek - 13/09/2015 21:28 - Canada - Hanmer

Today, I got excited about finishing up my laundry detergent and softener, because I could get new ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 476
You deserved it 3 480

WretchedOnyx tells us more.

OP here. Can't believe this actually got published. Insight time: we've been stuck in the little-to-no-money rut for a about a year now. The detergent we had smelled like hospitals and that weird plastic-y smell you get hit with at the dentist's office. We finally have enough money to get the stuff that has an actual scent instead of whatever "clean breeze" is supposed to be, so it's a small victory that is actually quite symbolic to us. Your comments had me laughing. A lot of you are right; enjoy the little things. You tend to miss out if you overlook them :)

Top comments

You know what though? New laundry detergent is awesome. There's nothing quite as relaxing as getting into a bed that has freshly laundered sheets and stuff. Enjoy your detergent. :)

I'd say f*ck your life but sadly, you don't seem to have one.

Comments

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the little things in life! Happiness is completely up to the perception of the person, so if new laundry detergent and softener gives you your kick, well then you've got a pretty easily obtainable key to happiness! The more easily entertained you are, the more you'll enjoy life.

To be fair, trying new laundry detergent is actually really neat. I like to pick the most fun sounding names and it never disappoints me. My fave so far is apple mango tango.

The funny thing is, that's the EXACT one I was aiming for. I've been stuck with crap, off-brand stuff for a while now, and the prospect of good detergent was just a shining moment in the otherwise drab world of adulthood. Lol

No kidding!! You won't be disappointed, it really does smell like a fruit party. I hate having to settle for the off brand stuff so I hear you there.

you should try the downy or febreeze beads in your laundry. they're my favorite

Nothing worse than buying laundry detergent for the first time and realising it sucks! I find myself pouring more in just to get rid of it!

saffy66 34

The upside of this is that OP is obviously easily pleased and should therefore be perpetually happy. But I somehow don't believe this is the inference we are meant to take from this...

zeffra13 31

Maybe OP just has a lot of stress and finally being able to afford decent smelling detergent is nice.

Sometimes you just need something to look forward to in life

"Today, I realized how easily I'm amused." You say that as if it's a bad thing? Be grateful!

I'm the same way with hair stuff! If you're like me you have to limit yourself so you don' have a bazillion half full bottles and tubs lying around :D