By MissDQ - 30/11/2013 09:07 - Australia - Perth

Today, I got accused of trying to steal clothes because I was taking so long in the fitting rooms with only a couple of items. I got stuck in one of the shirts I was trying on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 356
You deserved it 5 395

MissDQ tells us more.

OP here. Someone else pointed it out to the attendant that I'd been in there for a while and since I'm 'a kid' I MUST have been trying to steal something. The attendant just quietly asked if they could check my bags and stuff the same way they do if you leave the store without buying but have bags in your hands. I'm not big, but I do have big boobs. Some clothes go on fine but when you go to take them off they won't go over them and you start to panic. I'm a fairly standard size and I do often go one size up, but this was one of those sheer tops with the singlet underneath and those suckers don't stretch and it's hard for anyone to get them off if they're lucky enough to work out where their arms are supposed to go and can get the thing on. Heck, my mum is tiny and there's been plenty of times I've had to help her pull something over her head because she's stuck. It's not normally a store I shop at but was out with my family which I haven't done in a long time as I lived away till recently and they had a great deal, so why not ? I'm not going to sue them, there's no point ? The store didn't accuse me, some asshole who can't mind their business did. To top it off, I went through the self serve checkouts and the alarm went off as I walked out and the attendant pulled all the bras I bought out of the bag in the doorway to make sure they didn't have any of those big plastic security tags on them. I did have a DVD for another store in my bag and we put it down to that.

Top comments

Hey OP, I know how ones breasts can make a shirt made from good fabric feel like a freaking corset, so I'm sorry for you. I'm glad to hear your opinion about this, and that you know the employee just did his work by appropriately reacting to a costumer complaint regarding you without being unneccessarily offensive´or rude. Hope your new bras will live longer than a couple o' months :D

Since when is it not okay to take your time trying on clothes? You're trying them on for a reason, people need to lighten up

Comments

You should have explained those guys your condition there..

Since when is it not okay to take your time trying on clothes? You're trying them on for a reason, people need to lighten up

Tsumetai_ 11

I agree. Some people like to take their time to make sure it fits, and looks good. I also spend time thinking of how I might incorporate what I'm buying into my wardrobe. Also I'm indecisive so it takes me a couple minutes to decide if I like it enough to buy it.

HAHA I've gotten stuck in pants before and just had to buy them while wearing them. There's no getting out of that shame.

mayley 16

I got stuck in a top the other day too OP, I get where you are coming from! So embarrassing.

That's why I always take more that one size of the clothing I'm trying on :) if you're stuck they are meant to help you though

I will say in many years of shopping (both as a kid and an adult) I've never had a store check my bag or ask to check my bag of I didn't purchase anything or took awhile in the dressing room. I'm of smaller size but with with DDD's and usually it does take time in the dressing room. Something else about your behavior had to be why they thought you were stealing.

it all really depends on the cities and states that you live in some places are more suspicious than others..

froggy1988 5

Of course because you've never had a problem it must be that she did something wrong. You seem like a self righteous bitch.

doodlebear0414 6

she stated in her post that some other customer was the one that said something to the employees. therefore it wasn't a fault of OP, but some suspicious old lady

Ihavegas 22

thank you all for sharing your boob size with us, I've enjoyed reading them all and feel as though I know each and every one of you personally.

That sounds like a bad day. I'm a size zero and I get stuck in shirts all the time! Drives me crazy. So many times I thought I was going to have to either rip the shirt or call an attendant in to help me (awk).

imani_looovesyou 8

I have the same problem but it's with my butt. When I go to buy pants or shorts most of the time I get stuck in them! I'm not heavy I just have unnecessarily large curves and when I go a size higher the waist is way to big. I feel your pain.

gazettefan42 8

I've gotten stuck in shirts like that before. It sucks for that to happen.