By MissDQ - 30/11/2013 09:07 - Australia - Perth

Today, I got accused of trying to steal clothes because I was taking so long in the fitting rooms with only a couple of items. I got stuck in one of the shirts I was trying on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 356
You deserved it 5 395

MissDQ tells us more.

OP here. Someone else pointed it out to the attendant that I'd been in there for a while and since I'm 'a kid' I MUST have been trying to steal something. The attendant just quietly asked if they could check my bags and stuff the same way they do if you leave the store without buying but have bags in your hands. I'm not big, but I do have big boobs. Some clothes go on fine but when you go to take them off they won't go over them and you start to panic. I'm a fairly standard size and I do often go one size up, but this was one of those sheer tops with the singlet underneath and those suckers don't stretch and it's hard for anyone to get them off if they're lucky enough to work out where their arms are supposed to go and can get the thing on. Heck, my mum is tiny and there's been plenty of times I've had to help her pull something over her head because she's stuck. It's not normally a store I shop at but was out with my family which I haven't done in a long time as I lived away till recently and they had a great deal, so why not ? I'm not going to sue them, there's no point ? The store didn't accuse me, some asshole who can't mind their business did. To top it off, I went through the self serve checkouts and the alarm went off as I walked out and the attendant pulled all the bras I bought out of the bag in the doorway to make sure they didn't have any of those big plastic security tags on them. I did have a DVD for another store in my bag and we put it down to that.

Top comments

Hey OP, I know how ones breasts can make a shirt made from good fabric feel like a freaking corset, so I'm sorry for you. I'm glad to hear your opinion about this, and that you know the employee just did his work by appropriately reacting to a costumer complaint regarding you without being unneccessarily offensive´or rude. Hope your new bras will live longer than a couple o' months :D

Since when is it not okay to take your time trying on clothes? You're trying them on for a reason, people need to lighten up

Comments

No offense but maybe this is a wake up call to lose some weight? Or just know what size shirt you wear

I understand getting stuck, but didn't OP realise that there was going to be a problem while starting to put the clothes ON?

it's always embarrassing to buy clothes from such stores coz no matter what, they will always make you buy something and if you don't then they'll give you those looks like oh you can't afford that.. that's why I always buy clothes online.. avoid social awkwardness and saves time.

1jordan1 11

Sales people aren't supposed to point fingers or accuse anyone. Even if they know they stole, they aren't supposed to accuse them of it. It's their wrong doing.

wearing a smaller size you WANT to be will just make you look bigger, suck it up, try the bigger size and you will APPEAR smaller ...

Well you have an excuse...and as long as nothing is missing you should be clear...

samimarie199 22

It's ok op that happens to me all the time. Big boobs are an issue