By MissDQ - 30/11/2013 09:07 - Australia - Perth

Today, I got accused of trying to steal clothes because I was taking so long in the fitting rooms with only a couple of items. I got stuck in one of the shirts I was trying on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 356
You deserved it 5 395

MissDQ tells us more.

OP here. Someone else pointed it out to the attendant that I'd been in there for a while and since I'm 'a kid' I MUST have been trying to steal something. The attendant just quietly asked if they could check my bags and stuff the same way they do if you leave the store without buying but have bags in your hands. I'm not big, but I do have big boobs. Some clothes go on fine but when you go to take them off they won't go over them and you start to panic. I'm a fairly standard size and I do often go one size up, but this was one of those sheer tops with the singlet underneath and those suckers don't stretch and it's hard for anyone to get them off if they're lucky enough to work out where their arms are supposed to go and can get the thing on. Heck, my mum is tiny and there's been plenty of times I've had to help her pull something over her head because she's stuck. It's not normally a store I shop at but was out with my family which I haven't done in a long time as I lived away till recently and they had a great deal, so why not ? I'm not going to sue them, there's no point ? The store didn't accuse me, some asshole who can't mind their business did. To top it off, I went through the self serve checkouts and the alarm went off as I walked out and the attendant pulled all the bras I bought out of the bag in the doorway to make sure they didn't have any of those big plastic security tags on them. I did have a DVD for another store in my bag and we put it down to that.

Top comments

Hey OP, I know how ones breasts can make a shirt made from good fabric feel like a freaking corset, so I'm sorry for you. I'm glad to hear your opinion about this, and that you know the employee just did his work by appropriately reacting to a costumer complaint regarding you without being unneccessarily offensive´or rude. Hope your new bras will live longer than a couple o' months :D

Since when is it not okay to take your time trying on clothes? You're trying them on for a reason, people need to lighten up

Comments

it's more attractive if you wear the size you are, instead of try to fit into smaller clothes

Sue for slander. If they have no proof or they haven't pressed charges then they legally can't call you on it and you can make a case for slander.

I was gonna make a smart comment but... I'm too ******* stupid to manage that

That would mean the shirt is too damn small.

OP here. Someone else pointed it out to the attendant that I'd been in there for a while and since I'm 'a kid' I MUST have been trying to steal something. The attendant just quietly asked if they could check my bags and stuff the same way they do if you leave the store without buying but have bags in your hands. I'm not big, but I do have big boobs. Some clothes go on fine but when you go to take them off they won't go over them and you start to panic. I'm a fairly standard size and I do often go one size up, but this was one of those sheer tops with the singlet underneath and those suckers don't stretch and it's hard for anyone to get them off if they're lucky enough to work out where their arms are supposed to go and can get the thing on. Heck, my mum is tiny and there's been plenty of times I've had to help her pull something over her head because she's stuck. It's not normally a store I shop at but was out with my family which I haven't done in a long time as I lived away till recently and they had a great deal, so why not ? I'm not going to sue them, there's no point ? The store didn't accuse me, some asshole who can't mind their business did. To top it off, I went through the self serve checkouts and the alarm went off as I walked out and the attendant pulled all the bras I bought out of the bag in the doorway to make sure they didn't have any of those big plastic security tags on them. I did have a DVD for another store in my bag and we put it down to that.

Hey OP, I know how ones breasts can make a shirt made from good fabric feel like a freaking corset, so I'm sorry for you. I'm glad to hear your opinion about this, and that you know the employee just did his work by appropriately reacting to a costumer complaint regarding you without being unneccessarily offensive´or rude. Hope your new bras will live longer than a couple o' months :D

I know you feel about having big boobs and getting tops stuck I'm 40 dddd aka 40 g and my mom has had many times where I try then on and she pulled them off lol

Sorry op! getting stuck has happened to all of us :(

I'm a 32G so I know exactly how you feel, and it sucks when clothing just does not take into account that some people have big chests :')

I know how you feel. I'm 4'11" and have 32Ds. Get stuck all the time and always need help from my mom.

My three sisters (two younger, one older; 14, 15, 18) all have big boobs, so I get to hear their struggles with things like that. It kind of makes me happy that my boobs are tiny, so I don't have to worry about stuff like that.

yellowzinnias 20

Another woman feeling your pain! 34F here; I am saving up for a reduction...would love to be a B-C and wear a button-down shirt for the first time since 6th grade!

Also feeling your pain. Big boobs suck sometimes. I'm just a 34DD, but I know what it's like to get stuck in shirts. Numerous friends and my mom have had to pull shirts off me.

I have gotten stuck in shirts before and I don't even have big boobs. It's happens to the best of us, OP. And to the people assumed you were shoplifting...don't take it personal. They were just doing their job.

asnakelovinbabe 16

I too, have been there.... With the boobs causing me to become stuck in a shirt. It can be hard to judge, when the top appears to be the right size for you on the rack. You just sit in that little stall, all panicked, wondering, how the hell am I going to get out of this shirt without destroying it!? I'm sure lots of gals feel your pain here.

Hell, even i get stuck in tight shirts, and i'm a MAN. Not fat either. Shirts can be a bitch to remove without ripping them sometimes...

onorexveritas 23

I hear you there OP, like many of the other ladies replying, I too have gotten stuck in shirts... including shirts I've tried on in stores! but luckily I was never accused to stealing for getting stuck. I'm glad the store didn't accuse you though!

Yeah, having big boobs aren't as glamorous as they sound. I've had these since I was 13, and for the past 7 years, they've been hell to have. This includes trying on clothes. It's hard :(

I know how you feel. I've always been a C, but when I got pregnant and since I breastfeed they're now a D. I don't fit into a lot of my clothes simply cause my boobs have gotten bigger. It sucks. I wear baggy shirts mostly now, which sucks.

You have my sympathy. Stuff like this happens to me on a regular basis. I'm a 34 G and have broad shoulders and hips but a tiny waist. I don't even try with non-stretchy fabric anymore, which sucks, especially if you are looking for something elegant. Also, clothing for job interviews or office jobs if there are no button down shirts available that will not either look like a potato bag or gap at the boobs: impossible!

I feel the worker's action was *not* appropriate, especially if the busybody complainer hung around to see if her tattling and overly-suspicious interfering paid off. Stores have ways of dealing with merchandise in fitting rooms. It is appalling for the store to let customers think that it's okay to report each other, especially using stereotype-based discrimination or profiling. Other person could've been annoyed by having to wait for a stall to open up, and she just picked the easiest mark to bully by proxy.

ducky10290 8

I know the big boob feel. When I was in college I learned how to tailor my clothes because I lost a lot of weight but didn't dare go shopping alone.

Hey OP maybe you should get a dressing room buddy to help pull stuff off you. I'd definitely be your buddy.

XXgutterflowerXX 18

I feel your pain op. I'm a 40 E & absolutely hate trying on clothes without having another person there with me. I once got a shirt stuck when trying to take it off & had to call for help like a moron. I was so embarrassed.

love_mom2 6

they shouldn't say you're shoplifting without prove. There should be that shoplifting device on the clothes anyways. I have the same problem, I forget what size I'm trying and I'm stuck picking which one is the best to get. feel your pain OP