By Anonymous - 10/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, I got a paper back that was given a zero for suspected plagiarism. Everything I wrote was my own thought and analysis. My instructor basically thinks my paper is smarter than I am. He won't listen, even when I explain my thought processes throughout the piece. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 670
You deserved it 2 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not simply in America or Hungary, the situation is worse in India. In India, reading or writing is not the culture of the youth in majority. I always had teachers who became teachers perhaps because they did not have anything else to do. All my papers, essays and critical reviews were questioned because my writing was "like that of an expert" (Putting it in words of one of my teachers in high school). But I always proved to convince my ideas and as I had good academic results always, so that didn't turn out to be such a larger issue for me. OP accept my heart felt empathy.

Comments

alwaysalady 0

That sucks. I was failed on a science project because my dad "Had to have done it, there was no way a fourth grader could do it" Guess what, I did. At which point I gave up on science. Way to go, Mrs. Grossaint. You squashed a child's will to learn through your assumptions

Unless he can prove it, he's full of shit. It's his burden to prove it's plagiarized, and until then, he's required to give you a grade suitable to the contents of the paper. Keep reporting it to the next level up until it gets fixed, but above all else, keep your cool. Getting pissed will only make you look guilty, not visa versa.

driedpeaches 0

file a complaint with the school board and request that he backup his claims with some proof.

sportsnut 0

well now, if you didnt act like a dumb ass all the time, you wouldn't have this problem now would you? YDI

Why are people going YDI for acting stupid when they don't know how the OP acts in reality? FYL OP

damnrosi 0

Simple solution: turn it in to turnitin.com and print off the originalty report (he will have to open a page though) it will check it against all other submited papers and things on the internet, and research out there. that way you can prove that it is original (or that he is right and it is plagarised).

You cannot accuse someone of plagiarism unless you know or can prove where the text was plagiarized from. Why did you not defend yourself? If you knew you had not done what you were being accused of why did you not stick up for yourself?

Drewsius 0

Totally sucks, FYL. At my college, if you plagarize you don't get an F on the assignment, you flunk the course immediately.