By KornyKid - 21/02/2016 08:01 - United States - Citrus Heights

Today, I got a new cat for my birthday. It ate my bird right when we got home, then it ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 749
You deserved it 4 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wasn't your bird in a cage of some sort? Haven't you heard of gentle acclimating a pet to a new environment? Seems like you fault

Comments

I'm really very sorry :( How did it get inside the cage?

At least you know it left on a full stomach. You don't have to worry about it starving

You don't sound like a responsible pet owner.

crazyindynathan 13

That's why I'm a dog person...

People get mauled all the time and die by dogs. Still a dog person right?

I'm gonna say this is your fault because your bird should've been in a cage, especially if you're bringing your new cat home, which is a predator that eats birds. And you should've kept the doors closed because obviously the cat is scared in the new surroundings especially if you're being loud and upset because of the bird, so the first thing it wants to do is run and hide. FYL because you lost two pets but YDI because you should've been way more careful about the whole thing.

It could have been. My bird got eaten while in a cage when I was a kid. A cat can knock them over pretty easy you know. Normally the bottom falls off without much fuss.

Yeah but still, who gets a cat when they already have a bird? That's just asking for trouble

That's true, I didn't think of that since I've never had a bird to know how the cages are. Based on the OP's response it seems the situation was just handled poorly.

Have you not watched tweety bird and Sylvester as a kid? FYL but you also kind of deserve it

I was looking for someone to make that joke

Tweety Bird always had the upper hand on Sylvester. Maybe OP thought all birds were as clever and sassy as Tweety.

How'd it manage to get out? Was the door left open? Hope it's microchipped.