By chrono19 - 04/05/2014 10:11 - United States - Bremerton

Today, I got a birthday package from my parents. It was all the stuff I'd forgotten there when visiting a month ago, along with some other things I'd left behind when I moved out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 475
You deserved it 5 686

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's actually a pretty good present. At least they didn't sell your stuff.

Comments

Brianna_Ray 23

At least they remember your birthday? Either way that really sucks. Happy birthday and hope it gets better!

What is with all these sympathetic comments?! It's suppose to be funny.

Look on the bright side - remember to reciprocate on their birthdays. Choosing gifts just got easier :)

At least they gave them back right? Instead of selling or trashing it all

Be thankful my parents haven't gotten me anything for years not even a cake.

The gift of punctuation would really benefit this comment.

@16 - I am thankful that your parents have not gotten you anything! It meant that they could spend more on me!

Very subtle I must say... Very subtle...

You live at least far enough away that they had to pay for shipping and they still had the decency to send you your stuff back instead of letting it collect dust. Sounds like an acceptable present to me.

I missed the edit window - I'm betting on a follow-up dismissing comments that claim OP is complaining, instead suggesting it was just a silly situation they wanted to share.

Seriously, if you're old enough to move out of your parents' home, you don't need mommy and daddy to get you presents for your birthday anymore. Anything they give you from that moment on is a courtesy, not an obligation. OP should be grateful. I'd be thrilled if my parents sent me my stuff I left at their place. Because I live thousands of miles away and have such a tiny car, I could never possibly take it all with me at once, and since I left when I joined the Navy I couldn't exactly rent a moving truck either. I've had to take a little bit here and there when I've gone to visit them, and I still have a ton of stuff there.

They must need the extra space in your bedroom to expand their IKEA kitchen.