By WiltedFlower - 31/07/2009 16:02 - United States

Today, I gave my wife of four years a special anniversary gift: a red rose dipped in liquid gold so that she would cherish and admire it forever. She told me it was too "Italian" looking. I now have a hundred dollar rose sitting in my office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 248
You deserved it 6 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No offense, but your wife is an ignorant bitch.

boatkicker 4

aww. I'm sorry. that sucks. What does too "Italian" mean? whats wrong with italian looking things?

Comments

alimagrog 0

What a bitch she is. Divorce her and find someone else who appreciates you.

Kill her, she's a bitch. Kill her and rape her corpse.

That sucks, what the heck is wrong with "italian" looking things? I think it's a very thoughtful gift.

She obviously didn't mean Italian-Italian, you know, the place that's so visually stunning that every movie that takes place in Italy becomes a visual porno. She meant "Real Housewives of New Jersey" Italian.

What a romantic gift! That is one ungrateful woman. She's lucky--my boyfriend doesn't have the ability to spend that much like you did for your wife..But even if it had come from the dollar store, I would have loved my bf twice as much. =)

cactus_fml 0

What a bitch. I mean, she doesn't have to like it, but she should have atleast pretended considering it was expensive and heartfelt.

ouch what does she have against the Italians?

Escapist28 0

I don't understand why people are saying that the OP shouldn't have picked a gold-dipped rose as a gift, just because they would happen to find it tacky. The gift itself is what it is because of the thought behind it, and what it means. My boyfriend gave me a rose dipped in 24 karat gold for Valentine's Day, because one time I said that flowers were pretty, but I was sad whenever they were in my home because they wilted and died within a few days. So he got me that particular present because it was a real flower that would always retain its beauty. I'm not a materialistic person (I would've been more than satisfied if he'd opted to write a short, sweet note), but the fact that he remembered what I'd said and made such a thoughtful gesture was what made the gift especially sweet. I'm sure the OP wasn't trying to simply win his wife over with an expensive gift. He referred to it as special, and something she could always cherish. Obviously he put plenty of thought into it and figured his wife would at least appreciate that, even if she managed to be less-than-impressed with her gift. And these things don't look Italian at all. I can't even imagine how that would be someone's first thought.

tonia_fml 0

awe :] that was sweet of your boyfriend.