By post it - 31/03/2015 03:27 - Australia - South Yarra

Today, I found out that when buying my $500 dollar dress I put my address as Austria instead of Australia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 261
You deserved it 13 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hope you can contact the company in time OP!

I'm sure that can be changed. If you bought it online they should send you a confirmation email. You could call the store and have them change it.

Comments

Ah, once you've sorted the delivery I hope it fits! Otherwise that would really be a lot of bad luck...

YDI. If I was buying something that expensive, I would have checked everything...twice. Next time be more careful.

saffy66 34

Oh that nearly happened to me once, lucky I caught it in time. Hope you can get it amended before dispatch.

If it's been shipped out, there's a high chance that the address in Austria isnt valid, and the package will be sent back to the company. Just that you may need to pay for extra postage for them to resend it.

$500 dollar? Pick one or the other, not both. So many people do that on here....

500 dollar dollar. Glad I'm not the only one who caught that mistake.

That's how they do it in Austria. I mean Australia.

Shouldn't you also put an "s" to "dollar"? 500 is a lot, after all.

bsums203 13

Shouldnt be too hard to get it fixed if it hasn't shipped yet by just emailing the company. If it has shipped contact them and the mail carrier to inform them the address is incorrect. your street name/number and zip code(if you have them in Australia) should hopefully be different from any in Austria so it would be returned to the seller to be shipped to the right address. Hopefully you get your dress.

"Austria! Well then G'day, mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie."

That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

In America some prom/wedding dresses can be $1000's of dollars.

Wow I'm 21 and I've never seen dresses that expensive. I've seen up to $300 but not $500!

JustinJK 21

There's this whole sub-market that involves luxury goods where people buy things that are expensive because they can. Don't go into stores like Saks or Neimans if that surprises you lol.

$500 isn't really that much in the world of fashion. A simple wallet can cost 300 dollars. I've seen scarves going for almost a 1000.

I personally do not think a dress is worth that. The only exception being my wedding dress which was about $450.

I believe the exchange rate for USD to AUD is something like 1/1.50 or something too, so prices are going to be different. But, I know a custom made gown can easily run $800-$2500 USD depending on material and seamstress work. (...never bought one, just drooled over them)