By dawg - 15/12/2014 03:50 - United States - Stuart

Today, I found out that the "IRS scam" that I ignored last week was actually not a scam, and now I have a warrant out for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 707
You deserved it 7 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well with the amount of fake ads there are out there I don't blame you. It's uncanny how many times I've been 'chosen' for a free iPad.

jojimugo 20

Comments

Free advice here from someone who routinely deals with the Irs. Your being scammed.

Nope. You're still being scammed. Call the IRS directly, 1-800-829-1040 . Report the scam to them, then file a police report if they ask you to.

Well... unless op knows he has been cheating on his taxes... then maybe op should check out the Cayman Islands or Belize.

I hope OP read the comments here before doing anything. As has already been said, you're still being scammed OP. The IRS would have sent you a letter BY POST (multiple letters usually depending on your situation) before they escalate the matter.

you don't have a warrant it's still a scam. the IRS takes forever to move on anything and will not go from letter to warrant, they would just take it out of next years tax return or garnish your wages if it was real.

the internet says you're in the clear on this one, I bet the amish get scammed alot.

imadanzer 7

Ummmm..... It's will just charge you interest on interest on interest. They won't put a warrant out for your arrest.

Ah, the IRS… the biggest scam pulled on the American people.

Aren't scams supposed to be clever though? :(

dbt88 15

The IRS isn't going to get a warrant issued against you, and even if they were, they wouldn't tell you about it. That's generally how warrants work...you learn about them from the issuer when you're arrested (unless of course you hear it through the grapevine or on a courts website).