By sewdevastated - 18/05/2016 02:02 - United States - Fremont

Today, I found out that my mother intentionally donated the quilt that I had made for her, because, "It didn't match anything". That was $70 worth of fabric and 7 and a half weeks spent on that handiwork of mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 098
You deserved it 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I tried to find some kind of an upside to this. There isn't one. So sorry that happened :/.

scanimp 11

Don't ever buy her a Christmas gift, then.

Comments

Remind me to give my mom a gift card instead.

Jenbearish 23

My mum has made me two quilts and I will treasure them and had them down. Hopefully they will become someone elses family legacy and they will think about the mystery person that put together this beautiful quilt.

Some people are sentimental, others are not... you've unfortunately just learned which way your mother falls on that spectrum, OP.

Saluriel 12

What a horrible person. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Your mom is so mean! I hope you two work it out!

At the very least she could have offered it back to you.

My mother did the same thing to me except with homemade chocolates that I had made as a Christmas gift. She flat refused to have even a small taste and lied saying her doctor told her she can't have chocolate and then immediately went on to have all kinds of chocolate cake and other chocolate treats that same day. She never understood why I never got her anything except simple cheap stuff as gifts after that.

Some parents have no idea what is important. Sorry that your mom didn't see the priceless treasure she had in the gift you made her. All she saw was that it didn't match what she had in the house. Such a shame

yellowzinnias 20

Your mother is a narcissistic bitch. #SorryNotSorry I would never, ever get her a gift for any other occasion again and, as someone who is also both a quilter and the child of a narcissistic mother, I might consider the silent treatment for a little while.