By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 03:38 - United States

Today, I found out that my father died a little over a year ago. I don't know what's worse; the fact that I don't care or the fact that in his will all he wanted was me not to attend his funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 884
You deserved it 6 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

abbytequiere 9

If you don't care that he died, why would you care that he didn't want you to go to the funeral? Sounds like it was a mutual understanding.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Nolnah 14

But.. The op didnt call his father for at least a year.. So he write Fml about??? I mean.. He didn't care/love him... Why would his life be Fu**ed?? I see no reason for that! Just wondering...

That's what I was thinking. How is this an FML? You hated him, he hated you. Now he's gone and you clearly say you don't actually care, so your life isn't actually ****** in the slightest

jonan1212 5

Don't you hate it when FMLs don't end the way they octopus?

But.. The op didnt call his father for at least a year.. So he write Fml about??? I mean.. He didn't care/love him... Why would his life be Fu**ed?? I see no reason for that! Just wondering...

I think the real FML here is the relationship he had with his father.

If you don't care that he died, why do you care that he didn't want you at the funeral? You two obviously didn't have a good relationship.

Go take a FAT shit right on his head stone.

FMLoverAgain 7

Lots of conflicts. Probably the father didn't go peacefully and op will have to deal with it sometime later in his life.

44- in response to your picture... No It isn't, don't you know anything? Rawr means I'm gunna eat your ******* head.

LegitMaddie 0

Wtf man that's muffed up and a lil funny at the same time but seriously?

Please tell me why it is 'muffed' up please? I'm dying to know.

brt3420 13

If this is serious fml buddy. Sorry to hear

yumlicious 4

Because you know... Someone just sits there and thinks, "Let's go publish a fake story anonymously about how shitty of a relationship I had with my father"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
crackz12 10

Not true at all. Theres a line that a father can cross that can make you not only not care about his death but actually want it. The whole idea of a biological love connection to someone is the main basis for people staying in abusive relationships with their parents. Fyl op and if your father was shitty enough for you to care about his death than **** him too

Why should a person automatically feel love for a man just because he happened to screw his mother and get her pregnant? I mean, that's not an immediate right to that child's love. A lot more is needed after that and if this guys father wasn't there, or was just shit at being a father then he's totally within his rights not to care when that sperm donor died.

Jdimp 1

I definitely think it's somewhat of a biological hormone thing. The connection to your parents is important because they're your protectors/ educators while growing up. For example, if every lion cub felt nothing towards their parents they would leave them as soon as they could walk, which would result in them dying from any number of things.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
builditbetter09 3

You don't know the real world very well do you?

You don't know their relationship. There are a lot of reasons why someone wouldn't care. The father obviously didn't care for the son if he didn't want him at his funeral either.

In some situations, it is easy to say not to care when in fact, you still do. If the father explicitly adds in his will that OP is not welcome, that means he cares a great deal about whether OP will be there or not. If he really didn't care, he would not have written it. Also, if OP really didn't care, it would have been obvious that the grave offense in the will would be worse than the father passing away. But it is not, so even though they probably had a fall-out, in a way both still care (except of course for the father who cannot care anymore). But are too proud to admit.

Actually op do cares about his father and this is th real sad part :( I m sorry for you op

abbytequiere 9

If you don't care that he died, why would you care that he didn't want you to go to the funeral? Sounds like it was a mutual understanding.

Maybe he did care...I think "you don't know what you got till its gone" applies here and now there's nothing he can do about it

Or that it is just insulting that someone else's only wish is for you to not be at their funeral.

Oh_Hayy_Its_Lex 10

Wow, sorry about that. Atleast his funeral has passed & you're not at home alone thinking about it.

AlaskaKid95 7

Did you read the part where OP said he didn't care..?

But if he posted a FML about it he should actually care, right?

What kind of messed up would put that in their will?! I'm sorry OP, some people just really don't deserve to have children.

JayBear14 11

Maybe OP was a brat? Op did say he didnt care that his dad died. So why should he care about the funeral?

alexm501 0

Haha! That was kind of a slap in the face. He/she is the child obviously, you didn't really insult the dad, but you insulted him/her.

In most cases it takes a lot more for the parents to not like their kids than vice versa. My guess is OP is one shady individual.

He couldve been a loving father when OP was young, and then OP ****** up enough for the dad to hate him. You don't know what happened between them, so don't say he didn't deserve to have children.

Or maybe your missing the point that maybe his will said he could not go to the wedding And he has forced himself to cut emotional ties.

TonyIsMyDog 2

Wedding? Well, yeah - in some ways a wedding is a lot like a funeral... Ha.

"Some people don't deserve to have children?" You're a woman after my own heart...

Nolnah 14

well, at least you still have your mom :D or do you? O.o

stormer461 13

Son? Is that you? Sorry about that. By the way the internet here in hell is prime for starcraft.

deathpotato 11

You're not as funny as you think you are.

Let make him feel better that was really mean if you to do.